2022 TRX no start, no ignition

Erdalinio

Reaction score
Hi, i recently solved an issue that was pain to work on and i urged to inform everyone out there asap to save their time and possibly a lot of money.
Recently customer brought in a 2022 TRX with 7k miles and here is how things started:
He stated that while driving he got a Uconnect box error on the radio screen, then the instrument lost TPMS signal(showing -- on tire pressure) and Start Stop button started blinking. It was an intermittent fault that he ignored but next time it happened he brought it to us and after inspecting we couldn't find any faults. We removed any aftermarket items from the vehicle for testing purposes and when we tried to start the vehicle it didn't even crank. Now the ignition wouldn't even turn on and car was basically in off state. In these cases you shouldn't be able to communicate to a lot of modules with your diagnostic device but weirdly it connected to a lot(ABS included) So we started diagnosing EVERYTHING. Shortage on CAN's, Fuse boxes inside out and every possible module that could've got water damage around the car etc. At last we located the Wireless control receiver module(RFH in old cars/WCRM) which is https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5R4AAOSwfzBiOkdt/s-l1600.jpg It's located on the back body wall of the rear seats. Anyhow the REAR GLASS was probably left open some time before and water went in the car and then in to the WCRM. I've read a lot of posts about this issue on a lot of forums but never saw any solution but people returning back their vehicle under warranty. Never leave your back glass open! Always double check if it's closed properly because a lot of expensive modules just sits right there looking to get some shower that will cost you.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I would assume if your truck has the common third brake light leak that it could cause the same problem.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi, i recently solved an issue that was pain to work on and i urged to inform everyone out there asap to save their time and possibly a lot of money.
Recently customer brought in a 2022 TRX with 7k miles and here is how things started:
He stated that while driving he got a Uconnect box error on the radio screen, then the instrument lost TPMS signal(showing -- on tire pressure) and Start Stop button started blinking. It was an intermittent fault that he ignored but next time it happened he brought it to us and after inspecting we couldn't find any faults. We removed any aftermarket items from the vehicle for testing purposes and when we tried to start the vehicle it didn't even crank. Now the ignition wouldn't even turn on and car was basically in off state. In these cases you shouldn't be able to communicate to a lot of modules with your diagnostic device but weirdly it connected to a lot(ABS included) So we started diagnosing EVERYTHING. Shortage on CAN's, Fuse boxes inside out and every possible module that could've got water damage around the car etc. At last we located the Wireless control receiver module(RFH in old cars/WCRM) which is https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5R4AAOSwfzBiOkdt/s-l1600.jpg It's located on the back body wall of the rear seats. Anyhow the REAR GLASS was probably left open some time before and water went in the car and then in to the WCRM. I've read a lot of posts about this issue on a lot of forums but never saw any solution but people returning back their vehicle under warranty. Never leave your back glass open! Always double check if it's closed properly because a lot of expensive modules just sits right there looking to get some shower that will cost you.

Awesome info! Do you work for a dealer or just a shop?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19