Aftermarket Wheels and Discussion

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have swapped out the factory wheels on like 95% of the vehicles I have owned. It's a great way to personalize and make it your own IMO. I liked the factory TRX wheels, but not the offset. I like a little poke on my trucks as it just highlights that "offroad" look. I was between Black Rhino wheels or Methods (Both of which I had on my Raptors). Both companies make great wheels, but Method had more TRX options and better offsets so I opted for the NV305s in 18X9 with a -12 offset. Perfect fit and stance. I'm using the factory tires and have zero rubbing at full lock or compression. Post up pics of your set-up. (y)

IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great, and nice choice with going with Methods!

Busa Dave

Reaction score
LOVE those wheels. Think I have commented on them before. Will be using those on the F250 Tremor when it gets here but in a 20 inch version. Have you noticed any paint damage on the far forward and lower part of the bed? Kicked up rocks, sand blasted mine even with the gator flaps, am on my 2nd application of PPF in that area. Reason I ask is yesterday when at the car wash saw a black TRX like mine except factory tires no flaps. Looked at the same area on this one and there was damage not as bad as mine but damage to the paint in a few spots and where the plastic on the fender was nicked up a little.

Owner told me it has never been off of the road and doubted it ever would be. Just thought it interesting that there was road damage caused from factory tires.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I am 100% in the same mindset as Apex Rex. Almost every vehicle I have owned I have put on different wheels. I also have the same feeling that I like my stock wheels but have the same issue with the offset. The wheels are too tucked in. I'm thinking about these.

1639420460628.png

quietpeen

Reaction score
I am 100% in the same mindset as Apex Rex. Almost every vehicle I have owned I have put on different wheels. I also have the same feeling that I like my stock wheels but have the same issue with the offset. The wheels are too tucked in. I'm thinking about these.

View attachment 1494
And I pulled the trigger on these today. Decided to stay with the 18” wheel so i could use my existing tires. Saves a lot of money.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I pulled the trigger on these today. Decided to stay with the 18” wheel so i could use my existing tires. Saves a lot of money.

Cool. Show them off when they are on.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Looks like a great match for your truck. I see there fuel wheels good brand form what I have heard

quietpeen

Reaction score
wheels were delivered today, but the new lug nuts won't be here till Friday. Gonna try to make an appointment for next week.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have swapped out the factory wheels on like 95% of the vehicles I have owned. It's a great way to personalize and make it your own IMO. I liked the factory TRX wheels, but not the offset. I like a little poke on my trucks as it just highlights that "offroad" look. I was between Black Rhino wheels or Methods (Both of which I had on my Raptors). Both companies make great wheels, but Method had more TRX options and better offsets so I opted for the NV305s in 18X9 with a -12 offset. Perfect fit and stance. I'm using the factory tires and have zero rubbing at full lock or compression. Post up pics of your set-up. (y)

View attachment 218View attachment 219
NICE! I said before on here that I was never really a black on black, but seeing more and more going this route, I am all for it. Yours looks freaking awesome! Jealous of that beast

quietpeen

Reaction score
Well unfortunately the shop that I trust to do this work is booked up all next week so i have and appointment for March 2nd. Guess that gives me extra time to ceramic coat the wheels before hand.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Well unfortunately the shop that I trust to do this work is booked up all next week so i have and appointment for March 2nd. Guess that gives me extra time to ceramic coat the wheels before hand.
I’m not an aftermarket wheel guy but those will look really good! Goes well with the silver. Waiting a couple more weeks just keeps the salt off them longer (if you live in that type of area).

quietpeen

Reaction score
I’m not an aftermarket wheel guy but those will look really good! Goes well with the silver. Waiting a couple more weeks just keeps the salt off them longer (if you live in that type of area).
I am definitely in that type of area which is another reason to ceramic coat them.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys can live in that cold of an area. I guess I'm a whimp when it comes to cold. I hate my toes and fingers going numb...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT