All Electric Ram

All-New 2024 Ram Electric Pickup Takes CGI Form to Scare F-150 Lightning and Silverado EV​

DA795FC6-6F4C-4E95-9F54-75241F710692.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Why can’t they just make them look normal? This, the Silverado EV, Hummer EV, and the Cybertruck all look ridiculous. The Lightning has the right formula IMO.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I wonder if they are trying to make them look futuristic so people will want to make the switch

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just talking about this with my buddy at work the other day. I think we are at a point where all of the fullsize trucks (with exception to the TRX) are just plain looking. I am really looking forward to the next gen trucks. But if this is what that looks like I am good staying with my 4th gen or moving to a 5th gen RAM. That shit is gross hahaha

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I was just talking about this with my buddy at work the other day. I think we are at a point where all of the fullsize trucks (with exception to the TRX) are just plain looking. I am really looking forward to the next gen trucks. But if this is what that looks like I am good staying with my 4th gen or moving to a 5th gen RAM. That shit is gross hahaha
If you go to a 5th gen there really is only one choice ;)

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why can’t they just make them look normal? This, the Silverado EV, Hummer EV, and the Cybertruck all look ridiculous. The Lightning has the right formula IMO.
I’m with ya. The Silverado EV looks like a sleeker Avalanche. I was next a fan of those back then.

And yes, Lightning staying consist with the F 150s is smart

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
😂. The one new look i think they got right is the new Corvette. I know it’s not EV, but when I first saw one, I thought it was a Lamborghini or Ferrari. I am still in awe when I see them cruising around

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks almost identical to the Silverado EV bit I know that's just a rendering, not an official look.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
😂. The one new look i think they got right is the new Corvette. I know it’s not EV, but when I first saw one, I thought it was a Lamborghini or Ferrari. I am still in awe when I see them cruising around
The 2023 Z06 with the flat plan crank is soooo Lamborghini esk its nuts. That thing sounds amazing.

And this is coming from a guy that has historically despised corvettes.

Last edited:

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They 2023 Z06 with the flat plan crank is soooo Lamborghini esk its nuts. That thing sounds amazing.

Big time! I still get faked out every time I see one thinking it is a Lambo

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 2023 Z06 with the flat plan crank is soooo Lamborghini esk its nuts. That thing sounds amazing.

Totally agree.

Bwl

Reaction score
To me it makes sense to make it appeal to the people in the city that typically buy the crew cab short box and don't tow or actually use it as a truck. With the towing range and fully loaded ranges on current batteries that's the primary market at the moment for them. Local contractors I can see using them for service trucks as well as couriers, but that's a smaller market and lower profit margin.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
To me it makes sense to make it appeal to the people in the city that typically buy the crew cab short box and don't tow or actually use it as a truck. With the towing range and fully loaded ranges on current batteries that's the primary market at the moment for them. Local contractors I can see using them for service trucks as well as couriers, but that's a smaller market and lower profit margin.
That is a good point. I don’t live in the city but i also buy crew cab short beds Because I don’t like the look of long truck or the maneuverability.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agree. Using these electric trucks for in city work trucks makes all the sense in the world. Especially if they can be charged on site projects etc

Bwl

Reaction score
Yeah, works for certain circumstances and those are what they need to market to. I'll still be gas for a while as I frequently drive in areas where the distance between service stations or charge stations exceed the range when loaded. Can't imagine how long it will be before long haul truckers make the switch as there's a lot of energy in those giant diesel tanks and the battery weight to match it at this point would make the trucks damn near useless as so much of their GVW would be eaten up by the batteries. Maybe for a yard truck that just does local depot transfers, but that's it. I think the 100kw Tesla battery is around 600kg and a 160 gallon tank of diesel produces around 6400 kWh and that would be a single tank not both sides. Quick math is 38,000 kg to match a single tank and 76000 for the guys that run tanks on both sides. Never mind the battery cost, charge time and size of the service required.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT