Any problems yet?

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Has any new owner of the TRX trucks had any mechanical/engine/interior/exterior problems with their rigs yet and had to go back to the dealer about those problems and what kind of treatment did you receive and was problem solved?

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I am quite active on my other forum trying to help members fix their rigs because of my 30+ years in the auto/light truck repair industry. I love the trucks here and this forum but I don't get to help with concerns/problems with such new trucks. Who knows, after about 3-4 years, I may get rid of my Tahoe and look at one of these trucks. I tend to not buy brand new because of the depreciation they have as soon as they drive off the stealer lot. I am more of a research and see what different model years had problems and go from there. I could own any Tahoe I want but the NBS 2000-2006 models are the most comfortable to drive and easier to work on and have so many options to upgrade and my 2005 and the 2006 years were the best built years. I have made a very deliberate effort to install all OE Genuine GM parts in this thing and have redone many systems on my rig. At 137k miles I would not take a nickel less than $35k for it. I have all the receipts to prove what I have done and all the pics.

But enough about me, I want to help with these trucks when I can. Not a fan of the new GM trucks and never will own a Ford, so if I get a truck, it will likely be one of the TRX trucks. Hard to take my eyes off of them.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
The first marriage ended amicable and we used the same lawyer and split everything down the middle. We just grew apart but at the end there was some problems about why I was leaving Mo. and moving to Oregon. Then I met and married a lady out here in Oregon after we had been together for about 5 years and then 9 months in she died of a brain aneurysm. That was 10 years ago this past March. Not gonna get married again but the move back to Mo., coming up real soon, will be with my cousin Beverly that is like the sister I never had. We have always been very close. She and my mom were the only ones to write me when I was in Vietnam and she still has all my letters that I wrote her. This late in my life, it is going to be good to live with someone that gets me. We plan to raise some hell at the local American Legion in Warrensburg, Mo. where the new house will be.

So, this thread went from me asking about any problems with these new trucks to talking about wives and ex wives and families. It appears these trucks are solid and don't have problems like the new 2021 and 2022 Tahoes and Yukons are having.

ssgunner

Reaction score
Curious as well if there are any know issues with these rigs. Any engine problems or possible lemons? Considering snagging one in all black since the wifey took over the Tahoe.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
It is a very exciting new truck platform, especially the engine and suspension.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I know that the 2022’s are having issues with the new uconnect software but that should get fixed with updates. I have seen where some early 2021’s were slowly loosing coolant. Looks like its a head gasket or head issue. Others were QC issues while being built. This video lists some of the more common things.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Now, if any members experienced these problems, let's hear what was found and done and the outcome after getting rig back.

Watched the video. He's a talker. Likes to repeat but that is all good though. Bolt missing on the axle wrap shock? How does that not flop around during the frame flip and other work in it's mount area? The repair with stacked nuts on the bolt, LMFAO!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
For the short period of time that these trucks have been out there it seems that they are pretty much rock solid due to no mechanical problems being posted here. The new Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades cannot say that at all. I stay busy reading all the engine complaints at my other forum. When I get to Mo., I am gonna have to test drive one of these trucks.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I’m seeing where people are having leaky shocks. Seems more of an issue on the 2022’s though.

I would consider that more of a Bilstein manufacturing issue not a TRX Manufacturing issue

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Yep, supplier problem and not Dodge problem but they need to get fixed asap. They charge a premium price for these trucks and expectations are high for quality. No problems with shocks on 2021's? Pandemic quality control probs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj