AWD Donuts!

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I don't think I am gonna buy an $80k+ truck and then go out and do that and see what I can tear up. I like performance but don't like to show off by taking a chance on breaking something or burning up tires. IMO, that is idiotic to do but I see the draw for watching someone else do it to their rig. More power to 'em.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right? That poor truck!
I don't think I am gonna buy an $80k+ truck and then go out and do that and see what I can tear up. I like performance but don't like to show off by taking a chance on breaking something or burning up tires. IMO, that is idiotic to do but I see the draw for watching someone else do it to their rig. More power to 'em.
Agreed! I can't even imagine how much strain that is on the CVs, front dif and trans. 6000+ pounds turning 35in tall tires on asphalt. Warranty claim incoming haha

Plankton

Reaction score
That'd be me during a test drive.

I had a Dodge Omni for a rental waaayy back in the last century and set the p-brake and left it for a while. Fish tails and screeching everywhere I went, but it was mostly in the rain. It was all fun and games until I realized I squared the rear treads and the ride was horrible. No dents or dings though, so I parked it and watched the rental guy walk around it and sign off on it. Thanks. Have a nice day. lol

grouch

Reaction score
The previous owner of my '96 Ram 1500 was with buddies when he tried to do a power brake. He said he heard a pop and no longer had 1st or reverse. It cost him $3000 for a rebuild. Fast forward a couple of months and I bought the truck from him. I paid $3000 so I basically bought the transmission and the truck came with it. Of course, fixing things and upgrading, I'm probably into it for another $3000 but a $6000 truck in today's market is fairly reasonable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT