Bed rails - box dimensions

jayb

Reaction score
If anyone has a trx with the bed tie-down rails added, can you please reply with the width of the box between each side of the rails. Juat the distance between the rails. Would greatly appreciate!

quietpeen

Reaction score
Hey Jay,
I don't know if you found your answer yet, and unfortunately I can not give it to you. However the bed dimensions are the same as all other 5th gen 1500 rams. You could even find a 1500 at a dealer lot with the bed utility group and go measure it.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just picked up my TRX, it has the bed rails installed. If you still need this let me know and I'll measure it out tomorrow

Yeah, post it the measurements up for info proposes and also pics if you can.

jayc71

Reaction score
Yeah, post it the measurements up for info proposes and also pics if you can.
Yep, I plan to. Didn't get a chance today and now it's dark out. Will try tomorrow.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, I plan to. Didn't get a chance today and now it's dark out. Will try tomorrow.

Awesome! So no regrets on buying the TRX?

jayc71

Reaction score
PZGXYGel.jpg

Measured it at just a tad over 62 inches between the rails, call it 62 1/4.

quietpeen

Reaction score
That’s not bad. I had them on my Rebel and only used them once in a year, but the one time I used them was very convenient. I will start to search for them on marketplace and ebay.

jayc71

Reaction score
That’s not bad. I had them on my Rebel and only used them once in a year, but the one time I used them was very convenient. I will start to search for them on marketplace and ebay.
I'm not even sure if/how I'll use them tbh, only things I may put in the bed that would need to be tied down are our ebikes.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dang, the only nice thing about my Toyota is a factory option on the TRX too? Later Yota!

I will never understand people that say Yota's have great build quality after owning a few over the years. They are cheap garbage! No joke, I flipped my arm rest up one day and when I let go of the button, the spring, ball bearing and button shot out and hit me in the damn face. This was in my 08 and I know they are better now but still.... FCA stepped up our RAM interiors so much it makes all the other trucks look like a joke!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko