Electric vehicles

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the info. Of course this information would never be put out on MSM. This makes so much sense

quietpeen

Reaction score
1649948623169.png

quietpeen

Reaction score
Lol. As long as it's done in another country we're saving the planet. Funny that the way to meet emissions targets is not to lower consumption, but instead emit somewhere else. Kind of seems like cheating and a load of BS if you ask me, but what do I know. I'm not a politician.
Right? who cares about how much carbon it takes to mine the minerals as long as the cars in our country are more green.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Truthfully I don’t think they are actually 1 bit concerned about being green. Just like anything else when it comes to government, there is a lot of money to be had by the politicians and it must be major to be more than being bought out by the gas companies.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Truthfully I don’t think they are actually 1 bit concerned about being green. Just like anything else when it comes to government, there is a lot of money to be had by the politicians and it must be major to be more than being bought out by the gas companies.
Unfortunately I believe you are correct. Anything they can do to make them money, it doesn’t matter what it is. I’m referring to both parties too! It’s frustrating to see our money being wasted on items we have no say on.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Currently we are trying battery powered equipment underground in our mine and from what I have seen so far it's not going well. Batteries are very expensive to replace and these vehicles are down for repairs lots. The only benefit they have so far is reducing air requirements which means we will be using less electric hydro dam power... which is cleaner form of power. The cost of these new toys are way up there too, we thinks it's going to be awhile before they become a mainstay and or a financially gain.

And on another note: If one of these catches fire underground I sure as hell do not want to be anywhere near it or in the stream of ventilation from the fire.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I can only imagine that a fire in a full electic car in a garage burns down the whole house. I’m guessing that a fire extinguisher does put that fire out.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
I can only imagine that a fire in a full electic car in a garage burns down the whole house. I’m guessing that a fire extinguisher does put that fire out.

It depends on the composition of the battery. When the roller board that you stand on came out, the lithium ion battery's sometimes would catch fire. Really fast and hot fire. Guess what most electric car drive batteries are?

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Can you imagine filling up a 1800 tank of diesel every day? That is 9k a day(at our price. Off road diesel gets a break). No wonder why the Tesla is so expensive. Don't they have 3-4 batteries? At 9k a pop in just mining the material. I imagine a few more thousand to make the battery. So call it 12k each battery and if you have 4 that is $48,000 for just the batteries alone. And Volvo said it takes 90k miles on an electric vehicle to break even to a gas vehicle at 90k. So to “be green” you to have to own(without crashing) an EV for more than 90k!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron