Hello with a Build Date

jake226

Reaction score
I’ve been posting a few comments here and there for about a week now and figured I should stop and say hello. I live in south central Indiana and currently drive a Gen 3 Raptor. I really do love it but have been quite curious as to what the TRX is all about since it’s release. The darn things are hotter than the sun and I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get one. My local RAM dealership told me last year I could order one at msrp…then when I walked inside the dealership they laughed at me and said I could get one for $10k over msrp. This is when I jumped over to my local Ford dealership (they are awesome) and they happily set me up with a great trade in value on my last truck and msrp on my new Raptor.

Fast forward ~6.5/7 months and the week I’m taking possession of my Raptor I find out about a few awesome dealerships that are helping guys order TRXs under msrp. Well, as much as I have liked my Raptors….they were never as beasty as the TRX. Temptation took hold after thinking on it for a couple months. I spoke to a few dealerships and ultimately decided to work with a dealership out of Kentucky for 4% under invoice. Great group of guys. They told me that I might face an extended delay if I ordered a level 2, but that’s really how I wanted my truck. So I did it, placed the order the last day of Feb. Granite, Level 2, advanced tech pack, sunroof, carbon, bed liner pack, and running boards.

Got my VIN last week, and when I spoke with the guys today they told me I was in D1 status with a build date estimated to be 4-4-22!!!

Im trying not to get too excited as I didn’t expect a build date for 6-7 months… so hearing this made me very happy. Not sure if I just got really lucky or if half the new orders got scared off by the rising price of gas…but I’ll be happy to take an early build date either way.

Sorry for the long post. Thrilled to be here. Eager to learn from you all.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Congrats, that’s a ridiculously quick turnaround to hit D1. Especially for a Level 2. Obviously the build date could very well get kicked down the road a time or two (or ten), but still a good sign.

The Gen 3 is a sweet truck too but not a fan of that engine. TRX is on another level in the power and sound department.

OP
OP
J

jake226

Reaction score
Yeah. I can’t remember ever winning a drawing or raffle, this short of a turn around would make up for that. Lol. I’m hoping I didn’t get mistaken for another order when he said 4-4. I guess I’ll find out sooner or later.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve been posting a few comments here and there for about a week now and figured I should stop and say hello. I live in south central Indiana and currently drive a Gen 3 Raptor. I really do love it but have been quite curious as to what the TRX is all about since it’s release. The darn things are hotter than the sun and I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get one. My local RAM dealership told me last year I could order one at msrp…then when I walked inside the dealership they laughed at me and said I could get one for $10k over msrp. This is when I jumped over to my local Ford dealership (they are awesome) and they happily set me up with a great trade in value on my last truck and msrp on my new Raptor.

Fast forward ~6.5/7 months and the week I’m taking possession of my Raptor I find out about a few awesome dealerships that are helping guys order TRXs under msrp. Well, as much as I have liked my Raptors….they were never as beasty as the TRX. Temptation took hold after thinking on it for a couple months. I spoke to a few dealerships and ultimately decided to work with a dealership out of Kentucky for 4% under invoice. Great group of guys. They told me that I might face an extended delay if I ordered a level 2, but that’s really how I wanted my truck. So I did it, placed the order the last day of Feb. Granite, Level 2, advanced tech pack, sunroof, carbon, bed liner pack, and running boards.

Got my VIN last week, and when I spoke with the guys today they told me I was in D1 status with a build date estimated to be 4-4-22!!!

Im trying not to get too excited as I didn’t expect a build date for 6-7 months… so hearing this made me very happy. Not sure if I just got really lucky or if half the new orders got scared off by the rising price of gas…but I’ll be happy to take an early build date either way.

Nice! That is pretty fast! Welcome to the forum!

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. It is definitely exciting. We ordered 11/16/2021 and just got our build sheet and window sticker this week. Our truck is in shipping status but hasn't yet shipped. We are so excited to get it as I am sure you are too. We are also a Vendor on the forum and always open to members wants and needs as far as parts go. Let us know if there is something you would like to see made or made better/differently than something out there already. Welcome and I hope your truck continues to move quickly.

OP
OP
J

jake226

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It is definitely exciting. We ordered 11/16/2021 and just got our build sheet and window sticker this week. Our truck is in shipping status but hasn't yet shipped. We are so excited to get it as I am sure you are too. We are also a Vendor on the forum and always open to members wants and needs as far as parts go. Let us know if there is something you would like to see made or made better/differently than something out there already. Welcome and I hope your truck continues to move quickly.
Thank you! Hope you get yours quickly. I will be eagerly watching your offerings and look forward to placing an order w you guys.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Wow thats great if it happens like that. Nice to hear a good story about ordering a truck. Been nothing but doom and gloom stories for the last year about orders. Hopefully things are getting better.

OP
OP
J

jake226

Reaction score
I checked in on Ram chat last week and they said I should be getting built soon but they wouldn’t share a date. I don’t have a build sheet available yet either to my knowledge…. I’ll be following up with both the dealer and ram chat next week. Hoping it’s still on track for first week of April!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. Let us know if we can help with any mods. We offer just about everything!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I checked in on Ram chat last week and they said I should be getting built soon but they wouldn’t share a date. I don’t have a build sheet available yet either to my knowledge…. I’ll be following up with both the dealer and ram chat next week. Hoping it’s still on track for first week of April!

So how long of a wait would that be if they do build it in April?

OP
OP
J

jake226

Reaction score
If they build the first week of April then that would be 5 weeks from ordered to built. Which would be outstanding. Hopefully they get the shipping situation figured out bc that really would be the hardest part…knowing your new truck is ready and you just can’t have it yet!

When I ordered my Raptor last June it took until October to be built and didn’t ship until Christmas.

Can’t wait for the TRX to arrive. Talks of the new TTv6 they are rolling out make me even more excited to get my hands on this 6.2L.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19