New guy…

nctrx

Reaction score
Hey,

Since this is intros here is my story. Have a 21, took about 8 months after order for delivery. Currently have about 9k miles on it. Had a number of fast, luxury, trucks over my years and this one is the best of all of them in one. Though I am not in my 20s anymore I am a fiend for speed. Started out doing some minor adjustments cosmetically full ppf stealth xpel, venomrex bronze wheels 20s, tint and the normal. Truck ran 12s stock was awesome bust as I said a speed fiend. So I added 1050injectors, ripa incognito, and a 3.09 upper which took to the lower 12s with a ton of heat soak. So moved down the road and added a forced induction interchiller, arh headers, awe exhaust. Also at the last second added a 2.79 (big mistake) which I’ll get too. Had it tuned and was an absolute monster with about 720 at the wheel. The day after I got it back plugged in my draggy, and did 1 pull on US1 which was roughly a 15-18 sec wot, and subsequently melted #3. This was my own doing and the ignorance for all things mechanical. I’m good on technology but obviously my automotive side leaves allot to be desired. My draggy reported 11.3 in the qtr. the truck really felt like two sumo wrestlers fighting. Have to admit I was smiling for like 2 weeks straight that something this massive was creeping up quickly on my 87 gn that ran 10.89. So longer story shorter, took back to my mech, they pulled the motor and piston damage. I wound up going with an mmx 411 stroker motor with ported and polished heads and rated to support up to 1500 hp. at the moment it’s on the dyno at mmx with the 3.09 pulley which at 9 lbs of boost was in the range it was prior to melting. Subsequently put on an ati balancer 7% and now a 2.85 upper. So the mmx guys think this will be roughly 800-820 at the wheels. And being safe on 93, if I moved to e85 I would probably be in the 950 range. I’m just not ready to commit to e85 ans waiting for some type of flex fuel set up and dynamics for the tune instead of me pushing updated maps. So I should have it ready tomorrow (after 4 months without) and ready to just enjoy for now. End of the day made some expensive mistakes and learned allot, but still love this muthafkr just all around. I am confident of/when I run it again I’ll be mid to low 10s. So again I’m Adam and this is my story, as nutty as it sounds.

Rule of thumb for the ambitious, if on 93 stay under 15lbs of boost. 🤪🦖🦖🦖🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

10C26E12-799B-439B-BBE4-BC8B819BACF8.jpeg
C69CC028-6D2C-4EBD-9D0A-37683350488A.jpeg
Do
3C702D0A-2054-46F6-8E75-BEA1E240077D.jpeg
657ECC1C-1FC1-4C26-8FCE-1758BDE77DB1.jpeg

Attachments

• 90F98611-EF28-407D-B572-AB2F0E94B8F2.jpeg
    90F98611-EF28-407D-B572-AB2F0E94B8F2.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 133

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think calling that piston melted is a bit of an understatement haha.

Welcome!! Badass truck!

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Awesome! Replacement motor should be a beast and hopefully more durable.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey,

Since this is intros here is my story. Have a 21, took about 8 months after order for delivery. Currently have about 9k miles on it. Had a number of fast, luxury, trucks over my years and this one is the best of all of them in one. Though I am not in my 20s anymore I am a fiend for speed. Started out doing some minor adjustments cosmetically full ppf stealth xpel, venomrex bronze wheels 20s, tint and the normal. Truck ran 12s stock was awesome bust as I said a speed fiend. So I added 1050injectors, ripa incognito, and a 3.09 upper which took to the lower 12s with a ton of heat soak. So moved down the road and added a forced induction interchiller, arh headers, awe exhaust. Also at the last second added a 2.79 (big mistake) which I’ll get too. Had it tuned and was an absolute monster with about 720 at the wheel. The day after I got it back plugged in my draggy, and did 1 pull on US1 which was roughly a 15-18 sec wot, and subsequently melted #3. This was my own doing and the ignorance for all things mechanical. I’m good on technology but obviously my automotive side leaves allot to be desired. My draggy reported 11.3 in the qtr. the truck really felt like two sumo wrestlers fighting. Have to admit I was smiling for like 2 weeks straight that something this massive was creeping up quickly on my 87 gn that ran 10.89. So longer story shorter, took back to my mech, they pulled the motor and piston damage. I wound up going with an mmx 411 stroker motor with ported and polished heads and rated to support up to 1500 hp. at the moment it’s on the dyno at mmx with the 3.09 pulley which at 9 lbs of boost was in the range it was prior to melting. Subsequently put on an ati balancer 7% and now a 2.85 upper. So the mmx guys think this will be roughly 800-820 at the wheels. And being safe on 93, if I moved to e85 I would probably be in the 950 range. I’m just not ready to commit to e85 ans waiting for some type of flex fuel set up and dynamics for the tune instead of me pushing updated maps. So I should have it ready tomorrow (after 4 months without) and ready to just enjoy for now. End of the day made some expensive mistakes and learned allot, but still love this muthafkr just all around. I am confident of/when I run it again I’ll be mid to low 10s. So again I’m Adam and this is my story, as nutty as it sounds.

View attachment 2723

View attachment 2731View attachment 2736DoView attachment 2746View attachment 2740

Wow! So you blew a piston on the hellcat motor and then put in a 411 stroker? This thing is bad ass in deed.

What other fast trucks have you owned as you mentioned you had a few in the past.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey,

View attachment 2723

View attachment 2731View attachment 2736DoView attachment 2746View attachment 2740
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the details of what you loaded up on. That bad boy is an absolute monster! Hopefully you can get it all to the way of your liking. Glad you made it here. Looking forward to seeing the continued progress

OP
OP
nctrx

nctrx

Reaction score
Wow! So you blew a piston on the hellcat motor and then put in a 411 stroker? This thing is bad ass in deed.

What other fast trucks have you owned as you mentioned you had a few in the past.
Last truck was a 19 raptor, did not do too much to that

Has allot of fast stuff not all trucks, 87 gn was my fastest but thinking the trx will beat the et.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last truck was a 19 raptor, did not do too much to that

Has allot of fast stuff not all trucks, 87 gn was my fastest but thinking the trx will beat the et.

So you liking the TRX better than the Raptor?

OP
OP
nctrx

nctrx

Reaction score
Oh yea. I will say off road with the raptor seemed a bit more refined. But honestly in the trx I don’t take it off road like i did the the raptor. For me the trx is nothing shy of adrenaline. Also the interior is much superior.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of raptors. Wasn’t at 1st, but now that I see them with aftermarket upgrades, I think they are one of the best looking full-size trucks (I don’t have one). But, I will say TRX’s are top of the line too.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea my real only complaint was the 6 banger. Exhaust was lame had a decent amount of power but the trx is a whole new level

That's why alot of raptor owners bailed on them and moved over the the TRX, because of the 6 banger...and of course for the hellcat.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for sharing your story/experience. That new set up should be a ton of fun! Looking forward to seeing it back together

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj