Strap your loads

grouch

Reaction score

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Yup.. and safety of others and the vehicle you are in is important. I was a Miner for 35 years and securing loads is so important.. atleast in my eyes

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Yup.. and safety of others and the vehicle you are in is important. I was a Miner for 35 years and securing loads is so important.. atleast in my eyes

Several years ago, a pickup with pallets just tossed in the back lost it's load right in front of a motorcycle. The rider couldn't miss it and he and his passenger were both killed.

I was taking some pallet home on a trailer and it was heavily strapped with straps and chains. I had two different police officers follow me to see if it was loose.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Several years ago, a pickup with pallets just tossed in the back lost it's load right in front of a motorcycle. The rider couldn't miss it and he and his passenger were both killed.

I was taking some pallet home on a trailer and it was heavily strapped with straps and chains. I had two different police officers follow me to see if it was loose.
We all learn the hard way sometimes but learning after it's to late is a tuff one. The guilt that the pickup driver has to live with for the rest of his life is a game changer for sure.
Also it's good to hear the police had concerns about load safety and in someways I find it very reactive instead of proactive but that’s how police work 😳

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
We all learn the hard way sometimes but learning after it's to late is a tuff one. The guilt that the pickup driver has to live with for the rest of his life is a game changer for sure.
Also it's good to hear the police had concerns about load safety and in someways I find it very reactive instead of proactive but that’s how police work 😳

If the driver even knew he lost his load. I've seen trucks show up with partial loads. We got a call when I was working from the Illinois State Police about a load of stuff with our name on the packing slip. When the driver showed up, his trailer was half empty. He didn't know where it was.

Wanna kink your curlies? We share the load with these people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko