Thermostat Rationality Code

Beer Money

Reaction score
IMG_3067.jpeg

Has anyone got this code before? I called the dealership to get it looked at and their first available appt is Mar.8 WTF! Called another dealership and they can get me in next Thursday Feb. 15 guess that will have to do. Dealership said it was ok to drive but advised me not to get on it at all. Guess it doesn’t matter what we pay for these trucks we get treated like I bought a Prius

quietpeen

Reaction score
so I would say what you paid for your truck makes no difference on how busy a dealer is. That does not put you to the head of the line for service. Having said that, if the dealer says drive it but don’t beat on it till then you should be fine as long as you don’t beat on it. At least they didn’t say don’t drive it at all.

That code means you’re running temp is lower than it should be. Most likely they are going to replace the thermostat. Check your coolant levels, if they are low add some of the proper coolant. That was just from a quick google search so don’t take that as a fix more than just a ”look at this and adjust till you get it in for service”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beer Money

Beer Money

Reaction score
TRX is ready! Dealer did a diagnostic and the thermostat did fail the test - so they replaced it. Found it was sticking open periodically. So code is gone, new coolant at the right level ready to roll!!! Maybe this will help if you run into this code.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Sucks when your truck has to go in for service. Trust me I know since my water pump went out at 11,000 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron