What have you found on the street or on the side of the road lately ?

RdHogg

Reaction score
I found a (looks to be brand new, still has the 'sticker on the side that recommends storing it at the lowest setting) CDI torque wrench on the side of the street up against the curb ( it is at an intersection that has a little bump in the road) any way stuff is always bouncing off trucks as they go too fast through the intersection, always finding screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, etc. and a lot of good brands Snap-on, Ridgid tools. Back to my 'find' , it is a 250 ft LB wrench and I checked the calibration, it checks out good even after taking what must have been a pretty good drop off a truck. There are no scratches or scuffs on the wrench. "score one for me ! The last thing I found there was a spool of 16 GA wire. Love that intersection. Show me your 'finds'
CDI Torque Wrench.jpg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found a (looks to be brand new, still has the 'sticker on the side that recommends storing it at the lowest setting) CDI torque wrench on the side of the street up against the curb ( it is at an intersection that has a little bump in the road) any way stuff is always bouncing off trucks as they go too fast through the intersection, always finding screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, etc. and a lot of good brands Snap-on, Ridgid tools. Back to my 'find' , it is a 250 ft LB wrench and I checked the calibration, it checks out good even after taking what must have been a pretty good drop off a truck. There are no scratches or scuffs on the wrench. "score one for me ! The last thing I found there was a spool of 16 GA wire. Love that intersection. Show me your 'finds'
View attachment 1161

Nice! Isnt that like $40 or $50 bucks?

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I found 2 quarters on the sidewalk three days ago. I felt "rich" at the time. :cool:

I am a resident manager at a self storage facility. I find items left outside units all the time. I have had 80% success tracking down the owners and giving them back but sometimes I can't. I have found and kept a very nice computer chair, an all aluminum top grade two wheeler hand truck and just a week ago I found this GERBER knife in the aisle of my heated building:

20211124_083607.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RdHogg

RdHogg

Reaction score
I found 2 quarters on the sidewalk three days ago. I felt "rich" at the time. :cool:

I am a resident manager at a self storage facility. I find items left outside units all the time. I have had 80% success tracking down the owners and giving them back but sometimes I can't. I have found and kept a very nice computer chair, an all aluminum top grade two wheeler hand truck and just a week ago I found this GERBER knife in the aisle of my heated building:

View attachment 1169
Nice knife

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
My best score on the road was a dead Canada goose It had a band on it and being a big time duck hunter I like these kinds of rings.

Attachments

• 8A48CA1F-C116-4EDA-9B6E-FE96D9574561.jpeg
    8A48CA1F-C116-4EDA-9B6E-FE96D9574561.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 157

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Send that torque wrench my way and I will have it repaired and re-certified for free if you would like.

The torque wrenches in our shop are calibrated every six months just in case someone drops one. Which doesn't really happen too often but it does from time to time.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Send that torque wrench my way and I will have it repaired and re-certified for free if you would like.

The torque wrenches in our shop are calibrated every six months just in case someone drops one. Which doesn't really happen too often but it does from time to time.
Where you at? Is that an open invatation?

drakon543

Reaction score
well my friend found a fully operational Milwaukee battery impact. ive never found anything cool but the last time i was stuck in traffic it appeared as tho someone had completed a full tune up on the side of the road. old air filter oil filter sparkplugs and empty boxes from the new stuff.

Justin33

Reaction score
well my friend found a fully operational Milwaukee battery impact. ive never found anything cool but the last time i was stuck in traffic it appeared as tho someone had completed a full tune up on the side of the road. old air filter oil filter sparkplugs and empty boxes from the new stuff.
Haha

Plankton

Reaction score
I didn't find on the side of the road but had someone giving away some old speakers a few years back. I just needed to get them out of their basement and I could take them for free. They turned out to be JBL L200 Studio Masters and they're 149 lbs a piece and worth over 1k.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I didn't find on the side of the road but had someone giving away some old speakers a few years back. I just needed to get them out of their basement and I could take them for free. They turned out to be JBL L200 Studio Masters and they're 149 lbs a piece and worth over 1k.
that's not a bad find. I bet they sound good

Jwil

Reaction score
I found a plastic bag full of wet playing cards today. Needless to say I helped by cleaning up my work parking lot lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19