Which one of you got stuck in Utah??

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

2:20 for the TRX action. But I'd suggest starting at 1:20. Been following this guy and his crew for years, really nice guys and their channel is awesome!

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Matt to the rescue lol I like his videos too he’s an awesome off road driver. Guys buried to the axel and mats driving everywhere around him like it’s no problem. Can’t Wait to see the old boys Suzuki when fab rats gets it done,

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I have seen a few of his episodes. Pretty cool. You really have to know how to navigate that area

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Liked the video. I used to do a lot of off road adventures. I had a 73 Blazer with an internal roll cage, 383 engine, throttle body, Dana 60 on the front and GM 14 bolt on the rear, 4.88 gears with Detroit lockers at each end, special built turbo 400 trans and a gear to gear transfer case, hydraulic ram steering, 6" lift with 38" Swamper tires, all aluminum radiator with both a fan blade and electric fans, had line lock brakes at each end. Had a Warn winch that I could move to either end of the rig. Had all kinds of gear and a battery powered air compressor. Been to Moab a few times and all the trails available to me here in Oregon. The rigs nickname was "BRUTUS". When someone would get stuck, my rig was the one sent in to get them out.

The last run it took was at Moab and I was on Potato Salad Hill. According to the stories told at the time, no full size rig had made it to the top of that obstacle. I had both front tires at the top but in my attempt to get all the way up I jerked side ways and rolled two complete rolls down and ended up on my tires and two were flat. The air compressor got them aired up and I made it back to the motel we were staying at and back on my trailer. The rig was pretty banged up. I made it back home and started selling everything off of it and then scraped it. Went back to riding Harley's for fun.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Liked the video. I used to do a lot of off road adventures. I had a 73 Blazer with an internal roll cage, 383 engine, throttle body, Dana 60 on the front and GM 14 bolt on the rear, 4.88 gears with Detroit lockers at each end, special built turbo 400 trans and a gear to gear transfer case, hydraulic ram steering, 6" lift with 38" Swamper tires, all aluminum radiator with both a fan blade and electric fans, had line lock brakes at each end. Had a Warn winch that I could move to either end of the rig. Had all kinds of gear and a battery powered air compressor. Been to Moab a few times and all the trails available to me here in Oregon. The rigs nickname was "BRUTUS". When someone would get stuck, my rig was the one sent in to get them out.

The last run it took was at Moab and I was on Potato Salad Hill. According to the stories told at the time, no full size rig had made it to the top of that obstacle. I had both front tires at the top but in my attempt to get all the way up I jerked side ways and rolled two complete rolls down and ended up on my tires and two were flat. The air compressor got them aired up and I made it back to the motel we were staying at and back on my trailer. The rig was pretty banged up. I made it back home and started selling everything off of it and then scraped it. Went back to riding Harley's for fun.
that sounds like one hell of a rig

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one video he did was a crazy one where the truck he was pulling out was near a drop off and had to manage to get it off that drop off with out losing the truck or him. That was a crazy one.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's done a few crazy ones like that. Did you see the one where the 4runner got stuck in a sink hole? That one was major pucker factor!

MO VietVet

Reaction score
that sounds like one hell of a rig
It was. I forgot to mention that I had a special frame brace installed at the steering gear mount area because of the hydraulic ram steering assist. I also had a vacuum pump under the hood that was plumbed in to the brake booster so that my brakes worked really really good. It was a beast and a shame it got crapped out when I rolled it. Potato Salad Hill is an obstacle and not a trail. It is nothing but rocks that are at a 45 degree angle climb.

quietpeen

Reaction score
It was. I forgot to mention that I had a special frame brace installed at the steering gear mount area because of the hydraulic ram steering assist. I also had a vacuum pump under the hood that was plumbed in to the brake booster so that my brakes worked really really good. It was a beast and a shame it got crapped out when I rolled it. Potato Salad Hill is an obstacle and not a trail. It is nothing but rocks that are at a 45 degree angle climb.
While i had my jeep going to Moab was a want. But then TRX and I no longer have a jeep

MO VietVet

Reaction score
While i had my jeep going to Moab was a want. But then TRX and I no longer have a jeep
I went there with a group of 3 other off road people from around here and met my brother there who came with his custom Bronco for the trails and obstacles. We were there 3 days and had a lot of fun.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

thumbnail_image1 (1).jpg

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko