Window Tint

quietpeen

Reaction score
Show me what you got. On my Rebel I accidently went way too dark and couldn't see out the windows unless it was a sunny day. For this truck I'm thinking of doing 20% on the back window and either 20 or 15 on the front windows.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I wish I could comment on this but we have laws that the police seem to like hitting you on, so I have not tinted any windows since unless it's off the lot like that then they can't do anything to ya.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Show me what you got. On my Rebel I accidently went way too dark and couldn't see out the windows unless it was a sunny day. For this truck I'm thinking of doing 20% on the back window and either 20 or 15 on the front windows.

I usually go limo on all windows besides the driver and passenger windows. I still love putting in a window strip on the windshield. Just feels naked without one. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I usually go limo on all windows besides the driver and passenger windows. I still love putting in a window strip on the windshield. Just feels naked without one. :ROFLMAO:
what do you put on the drivers and passenger windows?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't done one in a few years, but the last one I did was the Raptor and I believe it was 15%, I don't really remember as it been almost 3 years ago? Limo everywhere else and the windshield strip was also limo.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I haven't done one in a few years, but the last one I did was the Raptor and I believe it was 15%, I don't really remember as it been almost 3 years ago? Limo everywhere else and the windshield strip was also limo.
Dind't know you had a raptor. 15% on the front with the rest limo tint had to have been pretty dark

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had tint done and re-done a few times on my black RAM.

Right now I am sitting on 5% on all the windows and 35% on the whole windshield with a double layer of 5% as a unibrow sun screen. It is dark enough that I have to dim all my dash lights to see at night. Would not go that dark again. 15% would be ideal but since the rear door windows are privacy glass from the factory your windows won't match front to back.

Do you want the front to match the rear?

Here is what mine looks like now.

Funny enough, I used to have 3 layers of 5% on this truck on all of the sides and a single 35% on the windshield. It was awesome in the bright days but I could not wear sunglasses ever and at night the windows had to be down. I got my first tint ticket a week after I had it redone to be lighter!

IMG_20200613_182235718_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
If I recall correctly on my 2016 i did 20% on the rear window and the two front windows and it matched very well. That is probably what I will end up going with

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dind't know you had a raptor. 15% on the front with the rest limo tint had to have been pretty dark

I can't remember really but its no where near as dark as the limo. You can see my pretty good in the truck from the outside. I'll find out what I actually have.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is how dark my rebel was….you can’t see in at all(and barely out 🤣)

View attachment 1048

That's how dark my 2006 chevy truck is now and I'm not a huge fan driving it at night. Need to remove the front window tint as its annoying at night nowadays.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
That's how dark my 2006 chevy truck is now and I'm not a huge fan driving it at night. Need to remove the front window tint as its annoying at night nowadays.
I completely understand why you are not a fan of driving it at night and I didn’t have front window tint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko