Hello with a Build Date

Ranallo Real Estate

Reaction score
I’ve been posting a few comments here and there for about a week now and figured I should stop and say hello. I live in south central Indiana and currently drive a Gen 3 Raptor. I really do love it but have been quite curious as to what the TRX is all about since it’s release. The darn things are hotter than the sun and I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get one. My local RAM dealership told me last year I could order one at msrp…then when I walked inside the dealership they laughed at me and said I could get one for $10k over msrp. This is when I jumped over to my local Ford dealership (they are awesome) and they happily set me up with a great trade in value on my last truck and msrp on my new Raptor.

Fast forward ~6.5/7 months and the week I’m taking possession of my Raptor I find out about a few awesome dealerships that are helping guys order TRXs under msrp. Well, as much as I have liked my Raptors….they were never as beasty as the TRX. Temptation took hold after thinking on it for a couple months. I spoke to a few dealerships and ultimately decided to work with a dealership out of Kentucky for 4% under invoice. Great group of guys. They told me that I might face an extended delay if I ordered a level 2, but that’s really how I wanted my truck. So I did it, placed the order the last day of Feb. Granite, Level 2, advanced tech pack, sunroof, carbon, bed liner pack, and running boards.

Got my VIN last week, and when I spoke with the guys today they told me I was in D1 status with a build date estimated to be 4-4-22!!!

Im trying not to get too excited as I didn’t expect a build date for 6-7 months… so hearing this made me very happy. Not sure if I just got really lucky or if half the new orders got scared off by the rising price of gas…but I’ll be happy to take an early build date either way.

Sorry for the long post. Thrilled to be here. Eager to learn from you all.
Jake - How goes it my friend. I know the dilemma all too well and the struggle is REAL. I initially drove a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. Once they launched the TRX in 21 much like you I thought there was zero chance of me ever acquiring one of these vehicles given the chip shortage, supply chain nightmare, lack of rail cars for delivery, workers out sick with COVID - the list goes on. Eventually I pulled the trigger after the dealership offered me $48K plus $2K in incentives for my Denali. I placed an order on the fully loaded 2022 RAM 1500 TRX on February 28th, 2022. Needless to say it has been an absolute shit-show. Here we are now on Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 roughly 6+ months later and I just got a text message from the dealership saying the vehicle has been built. Unfortunately no time line on shipping or delivery. At this point I just live vicariously through everyone else on these forums.

Ranallo Real Estate

Reaction score
Jake - How goes it my friend. I know the dilemma all too well and the struggle is REAL. I initially drove a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. Once they launched the TRX in 21 much like you I thought there was zero chance of me ever acquiring one of these vehicles given the chip shortage, supply chain nightmare, lack of rail cars for delivery, workers out sick with COVID - the list goes on. Eventually I pulled the trigger after the dealership offered me $48K plus $2K in incentives for my Denali. I placed an order on the fully loaded 2022 RAM 1500 TRX on February 28th, 2022. Needless to say it has been an absolute shit-show. Here we are now on Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 roughly 6+ months later and I just got a text message from the dealership saying the vehicle has been built. Unfortunately no time line on shipping or delivery. At this point I just live vicariously through everyone else on these forums.
Man that is a long time. I’ve seen shipping taking up to 2 months.

Check it out. Here's the proof. It's been an absolute nightmare.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 9.45.36 PM.png

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard the Rail Road union came to a tentative agreement. You dodged a bullet there.
Think there is a LOT more we are not being told about this potential strike. Glad there is at least something done for now, but I have a feeling its going to be quite the dollar amount thats gonna be forked out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko