Looking for 2024 White or Lunar/Level 2 TRX

dlb21964

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m looking to trade my 2022 TRX for a 2024. I know I’m sure I’ll get a few “that’s stupid” “why” comments etc. There’s actually a few reasons and I’m not going to bore everyone with details. My TRX is mint, 7000 miles adult owned, title in hand. The used market looks to be strong on these trucks.

Anyhow I’ve been sniffing around and it looks like the dealers have figured out they aren’t getting 10k over sticker or even sticker for a TRX in some areas. Obviously there’s still a bunch out there that are still not in reality with the rest of us but I’m quickly weeding them out.

Anyone have a go to dealer that might have a White or Lunar in stock? Has to be level 2 and moonroof.

Thank you!

quietpeen

Reaction score
I would be happy to hear your reasons and not be bored. Just so you know a lunar is not a 24 and getting a new one at this point is going to be very hard. If you look on rams website you can search for new trx’s and I think autotrader gives the option to look for new vehicles across the whole country.

OP
OP
D

dlb21964

Reaction score
I would be happy to hear your reasons and not be bored. Just so you know a lunar is not a 24 and getting a new one at this point is going to be very hard. If you look on rams website you can search for new trx’s and I think autotrader gives the option to look for new vehicles across the whole country.
Ah, thank you. I didn’t realize Lunar was only a 23 color.

So my reasons for moving from my 22.

First off, I have my own business and most of my vehicles are paid for thru my company. By habit and for general write off, I trade or lease new vehicles every 24-30 months. It’s the sweet spot, at least for me.

Secondly I’ve set up a LOC with my bank where my rate to buy a vehicle or equipment is less than 5%. It’s a perfect time to move into a 24 at a low rate. Normally I’d wait until rates came down if I was leasing or financing but since the TRX is gone after 24 that’s not an option.

Third….I like the new digital dash. My VP has a new Laramie we leased and the dash is much brighter and dynamic than my TRX which has the analog gauges.

And lastly, even though I keep my vehicles for minimum time, I know thru years of leasing and buying that the last couple years of a vehicle design stage is usually the best. All the bugs have been sorted out and taken care of.

My 22 has had some minor issues- nothing that wasn’t taken care of but annoying none the less in a 100k truck. I think as the miles go up were I to keep it I may run into other issues based on what I’ve experienced so far. Or it could be rock solid. It’s a roll of the dice. But in general I would prefer the 2024.

quietpeen

Reaction score
all good reasons to want to trade up if you can justify the price increase. I can tell you through personal experience and @OnTheReel can also attest that the 2023 digital cluster can be installed and fully functional in your truck. Only pointing that out if numbers don‘t work out for you to get a brand new truck.

also it is a waiting game to get the cluster so that might not be an option. You can’t just get one from the dealer, you have to wait for one to show up on ebay.

Last edited:

elliote

Reaction score
Ah, thank you. I didn’t realize Lunar was only a 23 color.

So my reasons for moving from my 22.

First off, I have my own business and most of my vehicles are paid for thru my company. By habit and for general write off, I trade or lease new vehicles every 24-30 months. It’s the sweet spot, at least for me.

Secondly I’ve set up a LOC with my bank where my rate to buy a vehicle or equipment is less than 5%. It’s a perfect time to move into a 24 at a low rate. Normally I’d wait until rates came down if I was leasing or financing but since the TRX is gone after 24 that’s not an option.

Third….I like the new digital dash. My VP has a new Laramie we leased and the dash is much brighter and dynamic than my TRX which has the analog gauges.

And lastly, even though I keep my vehicles for minimum time, I know thru years of leasing and buying that the last couple years of a vehicle design stage is usually the best. All the bugs have been sorted out and taken care of.

My 22 has had some minor issues- nothing that wasn’t taken care of but annoying none the less in a 100k truck. I think as the miles go up were I to keep it I may run into other issues based on what I’ve experienced so far. Or it could be rock solid. It’s a roll of the dice. But in general I would prefer the 2024.
I just got in the past month what was the last '23 Lunar that may have been available. Absolutely love the truck, however, your theory about the bugs being worked out after a few years should be valid, but it is not. I am very disappointed with the quality of the vehicle. This is the sixth Ram I have owned in the past ten years and hands down, the worst quality. Here is a list of problems I have encountered since January '24 delivery:

1) Leaking brake assembly on right front that ran down onto my tire which then sprayed brake fluid everywhere.
2) Leaking oil hoses in the upper oil pump that leaked oil all over my engine compartment and made a mess in my driveway.
3) Faulty tire pressure sensor on the right front tire that still is not fixed.
4) Inoperative delay on the windshield wiper stalk. It is either on or off.
5) Poor paint quality with bad orange peel on the doors.

These are problems just off the top of my head. While most have been addressed, there is no way a new vehicle that costs around $120K (w/tax), should have this many problems, so yes, a big disappointment from a brand that I have had very little problems with over the years.

OP
OP
D

dlb21964

Reaction score
I just got in the past month what was the last '23 Lunar that may have been available. Absolutely love the truck, however, your theory about the bugs being worked out after a few years should be valid, but it is not. I am very disappointed with the quality of the vehicle. This is the sixth Ram I have owned in the past ten years and hands down, the worst quality. Here is a list of problems I have encountered since January '24 delivery:

1) Leaking brake assembly on right front that ran down onto my tire which then sprayed brake fluid everywhere.
2) Leaking oil hoses in the upper oil pump that leaked oil all over my engine compartment and made a mess in my driveway.

These are problems just off the top of my head. While most have been addressed, there is no way a new vehicle that costs around $120K (w/tax), should have this many problems, so yes, a big disappointment from a brand that I have had very little problems with over the years.
Damn I hate to hear that. I’m wondering if your truck was built during the strike? I’ve heard all the manufacturers had issues during that time. I appreciate you weighing in on this-it’s nice to hear the good and bad.

elliote

Reaction score
Damn I hate to hear that. I’m wondering if your truck was built during the strike? I’ve heard all the manufacturers had issues during that time. I appreciate you weighing in on this-it’s nice to hear the good and bad.
The quality issues seem to be not all that uncommon. Some people have had zero issues with their TRX's, while others have had problems. I have noticed that post COVID, regardless of what you buy, sloppy workmanship seems to be the norm these days. Again, these issues were caught early on, and perhaps people that buy these trucks know what to look for. As you know, there has been a rash of issues with low fluid levels throughout the vehicle. I did not have that problem with my vehicle.

quietpeen

Reaction score

man that really sucks, those are not in the list of common issues that I have seen. luckily its covered under warranty.

elliote

Reaction score
Yes, it does. I am more concerned about issues I that are lurking, that I do not know about! Time will tell. Regardless, I still love the truck. She is like a hot gf, that is just a pain in the ass :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron