TRX and Laramie Sport Side by Side

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Ram (Dodge) offered an off-road package labeled TRX4. It came with the following:

17X8.0 ALUMINUM WHEELS (WFX)
ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
FOG LAMPS (LNJ)
FRONT SUSPENSION SKID PLATE (XEU)
GRAY UPPER FASCIA (MCL)
HEAVY DUTY ENGINE COOLING (NMC) W/DGQ AND EZB
P265/70R17 OWL ON/OFF ROAD TIRES (TTT)
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO (RSA)
TOW HOOKS (XEA)
TRANSFER CASE SKID PLATE SHIELD (XEF)
TRX4 OFF ROAD BADGE (MYM)

Very cool. I will post of photo of my neighbors older TRX when it's home.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They slapped it on 1500s, 2500s, and even the Dakotas. The TRX4 package was replaced by the Outdoorsman package for the 4th gens.

Did the TRX4 label hang around for some time, or was it short lived??

Bwl

Reaction score
I seem to recall seeing a few 3rd gen rams with the TRX sticker on it. Was just a basic off road package kind of like GM Z71. Some different shocks, maybe wheels and tires and most importantly a big sticker.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seem to recall seeing a few 3rd gen rams with the TRX sticker on it. Was just a basic off road package kind of like GM Z71. Some different shocks, maybe wheels and tires and most importantly a big sticker.

But was it a TRX4 and not just a TRX?

Bwl

Reaction score
But was it a TRX4 and not just a TRX?
Yes
trx4.jpg
trx4 2.jpg

Jwil

Reaction score
Yeah, was going to say before finishing reading your post that his TRX had to be a rebel. Its amazing to me how fast they tanked the Rebel moniker and then went to TRX. I like the idea of it, Trex eating a Raptor, but why did the move away from the rebel so fast?
I mean they're still producing it, it's just been around for nearly 5 years now, so it's sort of old news, you could almost call it the GERIATRX. Might coin that phrase lmao. I loved my 2017 Rebel, but I had issues with the air ride that took 8 weeks for the dealership to diagnose and fix. Also was plenty in the green when I sold it to a local dealer thanks to the used truck shortage. Also wanted to downgrade so I didn't have to feel like I had to baby a truck that I need to use as a truck. Glad it's gone, but I still miss it lol

quietpeen

Reaction score
the trx4 moniker ended years ago and was replaced by the outdoorsman. While it is all semantics and badging, there is a big difference between the 2021 trx and the rest of the 2021 ram 1500’s(like wise for 2022). Where as years ago it was basically a graphics package with a slightly different 1” higher suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19