TRX wrap? Love the Anvil Grey of the Launch Edition...

jayc71

Reaction score
...but feel like it's a faux pas to wrap my non Launch Edition in that color. Wife loves the color and wants me to do it, am I just overthinking it?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Ram made 7 non-LE trucks in that color for 2021. 2 Level 1s, and 5 Level 2s. So it’s technically possible to have an Anvil TRX without copying a Launch Edition. 😉

OnTheReel

Reaction score
One guy said they were “development vehicles”. But they were sold to customers so not sure about that. Seems just as likely that they screwed up.

quietpeen

Reaction score
would be crazy if the non launch edition ones become more valuable than the launch edition

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I could certainly see that happening. The collectors would much prefer saying they have “one of only 7” instead of one of 702. But I dunno, I don’t typically collect cars, I use ‘em up.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...but feel like it's a faux pas to wrap my non Launch Edition in that color. Wife loves the color and wants me to do it, am I just overthinking it?
You can always remove it if you get tired of it? I’m not too familiar with how the entire vehicle wraps work because I’ve never done it before

OP
OP
jayc71

jayc71

Reaction score
You can always remove it if you get tired of it? I’m not too familiar with how the entire vehicle wraps work because I’ve never done it before
You can. It’s expensive though, so you’d better like it… lol.

It’s also some protection for the paint. I live in NV and we’re always out in the desert. Getting ‘desert stripes’ on the side of your truck while exploring some of the more narrow backroads is common.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can. It’s expensive though, so you’d better like it… lol.

It’s also some protection for the paint. I live in NV and we’re always out in the desert. Getting ‘desert stripes’ on the side of your truck while exploring some of the more narrow backroads is common.
That what I thought but I didn’t want to sound stupid by saying something I wasn’t 100% sure about. Lol. Realistically, resale because the exterior that has the wrap should be decent if you took the wrap off and sold it as the original color then. As in scratches and fading. Actually pretty smart idea

OP
OP
jayc71

jayc71

Reaction score
That what I thought but I didn’t want to sound stupid by saying something I wasn’t 100% sure about. Lol. Realistically, resale because the exterior that has the wrap should be decent if you took the wrap off and sold it as the original color then. As in scratches and fading. Actually pretty smart idea
Yep, that’s a big reason I started looking into it. My Rebel got some minor scratches on it on some of the backroads we have explored…and the TRX is wider. The extra protection would be nice and that color is awesome.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Trees branches are why I wrapped my truck, all the trails around me are tight lined with brush it definitely helps with the paint. I don’t have plans to keep it a long time but I do want to off road with it.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trees branches are why I wrapped my truck, all the trails around me are tight lined with brush it definitely helps with the paint. I don’t have plans to keep it a long time but I do want to off road with it.
Did you wrap it in a completely different color?

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score

Attachments

• ABB6D202-0842-4508-8210-5405C4A23385.jpeg
    ABB6D202-0842-4508-8210-5405C4A23385.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 301

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Exactly what @quietpeen said, do it if you want to and just dont worry about it not being the Launch Edition. Like who's really going to ask you if it is or not?

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He made his truck invisible :ROFLMAO:
😆😆. So funny you put this because this is a joke we do as a family when someone is wearing camo. Basically saying the person is invisible

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron