What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Added more red accents. Not completely thrilled with how the TRX lines up but I’m sure it’s hard to get the stickers cut perfect let alone be able to apply the stickers perfectly.

IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Installed a little battery tender. I bought a company car a couple months ago and the TRX is gonna sit for longer periods of time once the salt hits the roads.
IMG_9100.jpeg

Also, on the first cold morning of the year after sitting for 2 days it just barely turned over and fired up. Not sure what’s going on with that. Maybe my sub amp isn’t turning off or something.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Installed a little battery tender. I bought a company car a couple months ago and the TRX is gonna sit for longer periods of time once the salt hits the roads.View attachment 3945
Also, on the first cold morning of the year after sitting for 2 days it just barely turned over and fired up. Not sure what’s going on with that. Maybe my sub amp isn’t turning off or something.
That’s not good that after 2 days it struggled to start. Nice on the battery tender though

OnTheReel

Reaction score
That’s not good that after 2 days it struggled to start. Nice on the battery tender though
Yeah, we’ll see. Hopefully it was an anomaly. I’ve done some short trips lately which probably didn’t help the state of the battery. Plugged it in like 6 hours ago and the tender is actually still charging according to the indicator light. Coulda been running low for awhile for all I know.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
First (and biggest) piece of the digital cluster swap arrived. Waiting on other components but very excited to see the capabilities.
IMG_0585.jpeg
IMG_0587.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
oh i’m going to need you to document this fully lol. How did you get the cluster. I saw that was the hardest part of this swap

OnTheReel

Reaction score
oh i’m going to need you to document this fully lol. How did you get the cluster. I saw that was the hardest part of this swap
I had a saved search on eBay for like a year. One finally popped up last week. They are virtually impossible to buy new between being backordered to the moon and having a ridiculous core charge. The new left side steering wheel switch is also backordered but have a local dealer that’s hopefully getting one for me. Not quite as worried about that because apparently it only controls the custom tiles and is not entirely necessary for basic operation.

Mileage correction will be another hurdle. And then if I want the maps displayed in the cluster I’ll really be spending because I’d need a full retrofit to UC5 (from a 2023+ only) AND a new 2023+ BCM. Probably not doing that in the immediate future because I like UC4, rarely use Nav, and I’ve spent enough already. I’ll make a thread once I get the rest of the stuff and actually install it.

quietpeen

Reaction score
i thought you needed the 23 bcm no matter what to swap to the digital cluster, didn’t realize there was a different left side steering wheel switch. will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
i thought you needed the 23 bcm no matter what to swap to the digital cluster, didn’t realize there was a different left side steering wheel switch. will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Thankfully no on the BCM. The only difference on the switch is the center button. Instead of having the voice command cartoon guy there’s a button to control tiles on the cluster.
IMG_0629.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
AHH OK, I Saw pictures of that button and thought that it was weird that it didn‘t show the cartoon guy

quietpeen

Reaction score
on the trx fuse 44 is for the trailer camera so it always has power when the vehicle is on, so using a fuse tap you pull that power and put it to fuse 11 which is for the parking lights. I can’t say those fuses are the same on your truck. Also you have to cut the 1 prong off the one fuse tap going to fuse 11 so it doesn’t back feed.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
on the trx fuse 44 is for the trailer camera so it always has power when the vehicle is on, so using a fuse tap you pull that power and put it to fuse 11 which is for the parking lights. I can’t say those fuses are the same on your truck. Also you have to cut the 1 prong off the one fuse tap going to fuse 11 so it doesn’t back feed.
Ok .. I see, ya for my truck if I buy the chassis truck aux pack, plug it in then the fuse box has multiple unused fuses to put lights and many other possible things at the touch of a switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiftytrim