What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
yea I don’t think I would go that far.
I think outsmart myself sometimes. I’m just gonna send it as-is and hope for the best. If this dealer declines I’ll drive out to the one I bought the truck from. Unfortunately the service manager I knew there recently left so I’m not sure I’d have better luck.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I think outsmart myself sometimes. I’m just gonna send it as-is and hope for the best. If this dealer declines I’ll drive out to the one I bought the truck from. Unfortunately the service manager I knew there recently left so I’m not sure I’d have better luck.
I do the same thing, but it’s better than under thinking and then not being prepared.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
any news good or bad?

I win.
IMG_1830.jpeg

I’ll post a more complete update later.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Long story short, 2023 BCM installed and everything works. The only thing we are still debugging is the tile button simultaneously also brings up the voice command. So it’s doing both the new function AND it’s original function.

I’m sure the key to this lies somewhere in the backup file or maybe a glitch with UC4 and this cluster which obviously have never worked together from factory. Should be fixable as we do more research and I transition the rest of the truck to 2023 parts.

quietpeen

Reaction score
So technically you could have shown up to the dealer with a brand new untouched bcm and never programmed new key and had them program this to get it to work?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
So technically you could have shown up to the dealer with a brand new untouched bcm and never programmed new key and had them program this to get it to work?
Yes. Doing the programming and taking it out of plant mode did nothing to help or hurt as far as I can tell. If I knew the key wouldn’t work I probably would have just handed it to them in the sealed box instead.

Either way you have to restore it to a modified backup when you get home so whatever they put on it doesn’t matter at all. Really nothing they do matters besides getting it linked to the RF hub with their special dealer PIN.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Long story short, 2023 BCM installed and everything works. The only thing we are still debugging is the tile button simultaneously also brings up the voice command. So it’s doing both the new function AND it’s original function.

I’m sure the key to this lies somewhere in the backup file or maybe a glitch with UC4 and this cluster which obviously have never worked together from factory. Should be fixable as we do more research and I transition the rest of the truck to 2023 parts.
when you do the uconnect 5 swap please take pictures and document any settings needed done with alfaobd. I know for a 22 radio module you have to set the bcm to 2022 for the cameras to work. Guess 2023 for you.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
when you do the uconnect 5 swap please take pictures and document any settings needed done with alfaobd. I know for a 22 radio module you have to set the bcm to 2022 for the cameras to work. Guess 2023 for you.
Changing the model year was just a workaround to get the 2019-2021 CVPM to work with the UC5 radio, but apparently doing that screws other stuff up. So I am just replacing my CVPM with the 2023 unit. If you don’t have 360 camera you shouldn’t have to do anything (and you don’t even have a CVPM).

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Oh, and because @quietpeen asked awhile back, I don’t currently have the tailgate animation on this cluster. I have the ajar light but not the image. Which is odd because it worked on the old one and I’ve done nothing with those settings since the swap.
IMG_1851.jpeg
I will revisit at some point because I think there’s more than one for the tailgate alert.

Some other notes. The 2023 BCM brought along with it the 3 honks when you walk away with the engine running. But the Tazer can get rid of that.

And on the CVPM, a 2022 would have worked too but I specifically went with the 2023 because there’s some interesting settings Jimmy uncovered in the 2023 TRX backup file we’ve been using. There might be support for turn signal activated blind spot camera and parksense activated camera. They were inactive on the truck in question but I’d like to see if they could ever work. And so the 2023 CVPM would likely be needed.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Oh, and because @quietpeen asked awhile back, I don’t currently have the tailgate animation on this cluster. I have the ajar light but not the image. Which is odd because it worked on the old one and I’ve done nothing with those settings since the swap.
View attachment 4014I will revisit at some point because I think there’s more than one for the tailgate alert.

Some other notes. The 2023 BCM brought along with it the 3 honks when you walk away with the engine running. But the Tazer can get rid of that.

And on the CVPM, a 2022 would have worked too but I specifically went with the 2023 because there’s some interesting settings Jimmy uncovered in the 2023 TRX backup file we’ve been using. There might be support for turn signal activated blind spot camera and parksense activated camera. They were inactive on the truck in question but I’d like to see if they could ever work. And so the 2023 CVPM would likely be needed.
i was gonna ask about the 3 honks too.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Changing the model year was just a workaround to get the 2019-2021 CVPM to work with the UC5 radio, but apparently doing that screws other stuff up. So I am just replacing my CVPM with the 2023 unit. If you don’t have 360 camera you shouldn’t have to do anything (and you don’t even have a CVPM).
oh. I do not have 360 camera but obviously do have the regular back up camera.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Regular backup cam should plug and play.

Also, didn’t think to put it in gear but that did trigger the tailgate alert so we are good. And it’s a TRX.
IMG_1889.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Now if only the power steps had a TRX cartoon as well. Fat chance on that since they never offered them on the TRX.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Tried a few more configuration changes but the tile button is still activating the VR. I am starting to think this is a conflict with UC4.

Thinking about it…On the 2021 you have the green phone button, the center voice recognition button, and the red hang up button. On the 2023s with the digital cluster the top button does double duty, both VR and phone. If UC4 doesn’t support combining those two functions, it may still be “looking” for that VR button and overriding what should just control the tiles on the cluster. Whereas a 2023 radio might know enough to ignore it?

The fly in that ointment was that you also have 2023 trucks with the 7” EVIC that use the same exact radio module, but the older style switch with separate VR and phone buttons.

BUT then I thought…okay…since there’s an Ethernet connection going from the 12” cluster to the radio, it’s at least possible the radio sees that cluster over Ethernet and automatically combines the VR and phone functions? Leaving the tile button just for tiles.

We will find out soon. I have at least tracking numbers for everything now, so I should have this taken care of by late next week.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Finally got the front sensors installed today and everything is working. I’m so relieved there are no issues. The front bumper had to be completely taken apart. With two people it really wasn’t that bad and went quicker than we thought it would.

IMG_6014.jpeg

IMG_6018.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron