Am I the only one?

MO VietVet

Reaction score
When you see there are alerts to posts that you have responded and you go to open up that alert, the white lettering turns to dark red and cannot read it. Same thing happens when hover over a posted link, if I remember right.

Is it just my age or is that a PITA that it cannot be read? I mentioned it to Shaggy quite a while back but has not been changed yet. I know he is busy but it is just too dark to read.

I know what some of you will say, "just read it all before you hover over it". That's a band-aid, not a fix.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I mainly view this site on my ipad so hovering over it it not an option so for that reason i don’t have your issue. When I’m at work on monday I will check to see if I experience what you are describing on my work computer.

Plankton

Reaction score
I get that too. Yellow would be a better hover color for the default theme, but you can change the BG color in your preferences. I changed it to 'light' just now and it's kinda glaring but I can read the alerts better.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Ok now that I checked this out at I see what you are saying. I can still read it....whew my eyes are not too bad yet :ROFLMAO:.

Plankton

Reaction score
I completely understand. At 55 and with 40 years of using computers staring into these glaring rectangles, I'm lucky to be able to see at all.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I actually do need to get to the eye dr. again. I have to hold small text further and further away from my face and it takes longer for things to come back into focus ☹️

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just middle mouse click to open them all up and then see what the notification was. I can't read em easily either. I also did try light theme the other day and about melted my retinas. So bright haha

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Time for some readers. I can't see anything small without em. Fine print? Get out the magnifying glass.

Lasik would be nice, but it's not that serious yet.
I think Lasik only helps with distance not reading .. but maybe it has changed. I found out that I do not qualify for Lasik in my right eye so not doing it at all. At almost 57 I need glasses for distance but still doing good on the close up stuff.

Plankton

Reaction score
I think Lasik only helps with distance not reading .. but maybe it has changed. I found out that I do not qualify for Lasik in my right eye so not doing it at all. At almost 57 I need glasses for distance but still doing good on the close up stuff.
It's good for both. Just too expensive to justify right now, not to mention they say you should wait until you're at least 60 for farsighted Lasik.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's good for both. Just too expensive to justify right now, not to mention they say you should wait until you're at least 60 for farsighted Lasik.

Due to it the eye repairing itself and going back to what it was before right?

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Due to it the eye repairing itself and going back to what it was before right?
Your eyes are always changing a bit. The corrected vision will deteriorate over time and you will have to get it done again. One of my co-workers has had it done twice now. I was considering it a couple years ago, I have been wearing contact lenses since I was 14 years old and from such long contact usage I have developed a condition where blood vessels start to grow towards my cornea. Pretty common honestly, I just had to stop wearing my contacts so often and give my eyes a rest. Hopefully will get lasik done soonish though, wearing contacts for so long is really annoying and expensive!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having the skin guy looking at it this week. :)

Plankton

Reaction score
Your eyes don't level off until you're 60 or so, thats the reason for waiting. Otherwise it's a waste of time and money really.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron