Any problems yet?

Beastmode11

Reaction score
I know that the 2022’s are having issues with the new uconnect software but that should get fixed with updates. I have seen where some early 2021’s were slowly loosing coolant. Looks like its a head gasket or head issue. Others were QC issues while being built. This video lists some of the more common things.

All Srt's have that sound those are lifters making that noise. My 2006 viper Dodge Ram SRT10 has that sound too with super low miles. Every SRT I have owned has had that tikling sound.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Mine has the chirping sound that comes from the exhaust manifolds, but it doesn’t go away after it warms up like most places suggest. I have noticed if I put it into park and rev it a little bit it goes away till I put it back into drive

Beastmode11

Reaction score
Mine has the chirping sound that comes from the exhaust manifolds, but it doesn’t go away after it warms up like most places suggest. I have noticed if I put it into park and rev it a little bit it goes away till I put it back into drive
I am thinking its got an oil circulation problem. Srt motors are built to circulate oil quickly. My Viper 10 ram has that tickling noise and its normal for the V10 beast.

Beastmode11

Reaction score
All Srt's have that sound those are lifters making that noise. My 2006 viper Dodge Ram SRT10 has that sound too with super low miles. Every SRT I have owned has had that tikling sound.
Thank you for the heads up I will be changing mine thoroughly before I take possession in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I know if you people have problems with the truck that right now, it is under warranty, but would be nice if problems are reported here too. The tech in me wants to think the problems out and compare to what is found at the stealership. Unless of course, the ONLY problem so far is the chirping sounds from the exhaust. If that is the case, then these are by far, a well built, well thought out truck.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I know if you people have problems with the truck that right now, it is under warranty, but would be nice if problems are reported here too. The tech in me wants to think the problems out and compare to what is found at the stealership. Unless of course, the ONLY problem so far is the chirping sounds from the exhaust. If that is the case, then these are by far, a well built, well thought out truck.
what they Have going for them is that the hellcat engine has been out since 2015 or 2016 so the engine itself has has plenty of years to work out a lot of issues. Regarding the transmission I’m guessing its the same one that was put in the trackhawk which has been out for several years also. I think that is why a lot of the issues have been QC on assembly, electrical for new software, or out of house manufactures like Bilstein.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know that the 2022’s are having issues with the new uconnect software but that should get fixed with updates. I have seen where some early 2021’s were slowly loosing coolant. Looks like its a head gasket or head issue. Others were QC issues while being built. This video lists some of the more common things.

With the uconnect issue, what's happening? The whole screen never load?

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
what they Have going for them is that the hellcat engine has been out since 2015 or 2016 so the engine itself has has plenty of years to work out a lot of issues. Regarding the transmission I’m guessing its the same one that was put in the trackhawk which has been out for several years also. I think that is why a lot of the issues have been QC on assembly, electrical for new software, or out of house manufactures like Bilstein.
What Bilstein problems have there been? I had not seen this before.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
UConnect 5 makes me really glad I bought a 2021. Every first year infotainment system I’ve had in the past was a total buggy POS, and UC5 would have been no exception apparently. UC4 loads the performance pages slow, but otherwise I really haven’t had any bugs.

My exhaust only chirps for about 30 seconds.

quietpeen

Reaction score
UConnect 5 makes me really glad I bought a 2021. Every first year infotainment system I’ve had in the past was a total buggy POS, and UC5 would have been no exception apparently. UC4 loads the performance pages slow, but otherwise I really haven’t had any bugs.

My exhaust only chirps for about 30 seconds.
I am in the same boat….so far my UC4 has worked fine. I however don’t have the exhaust chiro for only 30 seconds. There was one video I saw and front the video it sounded like the chirp was coming from the cats.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I am in the same boat….so far my UC4 has worked fine. I however don’t have the exhaust chiro for only 30 seconds. There was one video I saw and front the video it sounded like the chirp was coming from the cats.
Yeah, some say manifolds, some say cats. Not sure, but it’s weird how some are way louder than others.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Yeah, some say manifolds, some say cats. Not sure, but it’s weird how some are way louder than others.
Mine is very noticeable, and to clarify what i was saying….mine doesn’t go away after 30 seconds. I have read that it is more prominent on vehicles that are used in the manner of many short trips which mine is. I have not had the chance to see if it goes away after long trips.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t really do short trips. 30 minutes is the minimum I’ll run it but usually longer. Good to get some heat in the oil.

TCAT

Reaction score
Zero issues with mine...Knock on wood>>>I also have the chirping until she hot. I have notice, it seems to be less noticeable using 93/94 Octane, which I started using all the time during the winter months.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Zero issues with mine...Knock on wood>>>I also have the chirping until she hot. I have notice, it seems to be less noticeable using 93/94 Octane, which I started using all the time during the winter months.
I can only get 93 octane around where I live so i would hate to see if 91 makes it even more noticeable.

User762198

Reaction score
I looked mine over pretty good using the guidance from youtube and the forums for build quality issues and everything seems in order. I have put 1500 miles on mine and the only issue I have is with the new crappy Uconnect 5. Wireless Car play works part time and I am having to do a soft reset every other day.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I looked mine over pretty good using the guidance from youtube and the forums for build quality issues and everything seems in order. I have put 1500 miles on mine and the only issue I have is with the new crappy Uconnect 5. Wireless Car play works part time and I am having to do a soft reset every other day.
Welcome and glad to hear that besides the uconnect you are having no issues. Did you gave the software updated yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron