Anyone a Chef?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Hmm, I never thought to sear it. I have smoked a ton of tri-tip but searing looks good! Ever tried slicing the tri-tip up and putting it in sour dough bread and making a sandwich out of it. Yum!!
I’m sure that would be really good. I have made brisket sandwiches.

quietpeen

Reaction score
My cheffing skills failed me this past weekend. I had a little accident. Cut some of the nail and the tip of my thumb off chopping lettuce. It’s a lot better today considering, but i hurts like a mother f-er every time i bump it or scrape it too hard.

IMG_5779.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
My cheffing skills failed me this past weekend. I had a little accident. Cut some of the nail and the tip of my thumb off chopping lettuce. It’s a lot better today considering, but i hurts like a mother f-er every time i bump it or scrape it too hard.

View attachment 3946
Yikes! Fitting that you did it on Halloween weekend…

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
So for the last almost 2 years I've been trying the Carnivore diet and now I cook every meal every day and can't believe how much I love it. My life has changed so much for the better, I've reversed many conditions and instead of feeling 60ish I feel 30 again even though I'm 57ish. So one thing I've done due to the long winters up hear I've mastered cooking steaks in a cast iron pan. Still miss BBQing but blipping cold out lol. Anyways January is Carnivore month so I urge anyone to try Beef Bacon Butter and Eggs for a month and see some huge benefits. Hears to being a Meataterian ..
Cheers all

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score

View attachment 3946
Anything with finger tips hurts like heck.. tons of nerves ... ouch

OnTheReel

Reaction score
So for the last almost 2 years I've been trying the Carnivore diet and now I cook every meal every day and can't believe how much I love it. My life has changed so much for the better, I've reversed many conditions and instead of feeling 60ish I feel 30 again even though I'm 57ish. So one thing I've done due to the long winters up hear I've mastered cooking steaks in a cast iron pan. Still miss BBQing but blipping cold out lol. Anyways January is Carnivore month so I urge anyone to try Beef Bacon Butter and Eggs for a month and see some huge benefits. Hears to being a Meataterian ..
Cheers all
I BBQ all year round, built a little outdoor kitchen to do it. That said I prefer my steaks in a pan vs the grill anyway. Get that good sear and practically deep fry it in butter as you baste it. Gets no better!

quietpeen

Reaction score
tomorrow I’m smoking a tri-tip like a brisket. I’ve done the reverse sear multiple times and always good, but want to try it like a brisket.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Oh do tell us the results of that.. yum
late to replay about this. It was really good tasting wise. I had to rush it to finsh and it didn’t end up as tender as i wanted. Not sure if it is cheaper per lb but buying a brisket to feed 1 or 2 people is not ideal so this is a good replacement for brisket. I would say better than chuck roast which also isn’t cheap per lb. What’s nice about tri-tip is that it is versatile and can also be done reverse seared and pulled at medium rare and still be very good unlike chuck roast.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
late to replay about this. It was really good tasting wise. I had to rush it to finsh and it didn’t end up as tender as i wanted. Not sure if it is cheaper per lb but buying a brisket to feed 1 or 2 people is not ideal so this is a good replacement for brisket. I would say better than chuck roast which also isn’t cheap per lb. What’s nice about tri-tip is that it is versatile and can also be done reverse seared and pulled at medium rare and still be very good unlike chuck roast.
To make it tender I dry age it for a couple days in the fridge..lots of salt but also I like cutting tri-tip into steaks and dry aging them. Have to agree about the prices 😕 up north here they're horrendous

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron