Bronco

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My buddy picked up this unit Friday. Actually a really damn nice vehicle! He got it pretty much fully loaded from my understanding.

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_103134980_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211213_103134980_HDR.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 127

quietpeen

Reaction score
Like the color.

being a recent jeep rubicon owner, my thoughts on the Bronco is that it is going to do well and it is definitely going to hurt wrangler sales. It won't be as capable as a Wrangler but that's not where it matters because the majority of jeeps bought are road Queens and the majority of Bronco's will be also.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Supposedly they are pretty dang capable too. Especially with all the drive modes and the really trick sway bar disconnect. It's like a clutch disconnect so it can adjust itself I guess?

I crawled under my buddies bronco and was shocked how many skid plates there are. Couldn't see anywhere where a rock could hurt anything really crazy! Whole gas tank was armored, from front to about halfway back was all skid plate.

Haven't been under a Rubicon before though.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Supposedly they are pretty dang capable too. Especially with all the drive modes and the really trick sway bar disconnect. It's like a clutch disconnect so it can adjust itself I guess?

I crawled under my buddies bronco and was shocked how many skid plates there are. Couldn't see anywhere where a rock could hurt anything really crazy! Whole gas tank was armored, from front to about halfway back was all skid plate.

Haven't been under a Rubicon before though.
oh its definitely pretty capable and with the right mods and 37's it will do a lot. I'm just saying it won't be as capable as a Wrangler because the lack of a solid front axle.

The Jeep stock skid plates are very minimalistic but somehow they do protect the vital stuff. I had replaced mine with an aluminum full underbelly skid system from Artec.

quietpeen

Reaction score
So here is a good comparison. First thought is the bronco already got body damage, and now the steering rack is stripped and not working….this is halfway through the video. Also he skipped the one obstacle that the jeep did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching that video.

I would like to see a stock vs stock comparison like this. I think that bronco in the video has a way wider track width than the wrangler and the wrangler kicked the bronco's ass in there lol.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Litebrite will be getting their Bronco soon and I'm sure they will put it to the test in stock form like they did the wrangler. They also did say that they are not going to make it a heavily modified rock crawler since they already have 3 of them.

quietpeen

Reaction score
this is a pretty close stock for stock of the bronco and a JL Rubicon. The JL is modified with the mopar lift and 35's which makes it real close to the Rubicon Extreme Recon Package which is from the factory.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, much better comparison.

The Jeep definitely won that one!

Personally if I had to choose between the two its a Jeep with the 392 for me!

quietpeen

Reaction score
Nice, much better comparison.

The Jeep definitely won that one!

Personally if I had to choose between the two its a Jeep with the 392 for me!
I like what they said in the video, competition is better for all of us. Because of the bronco Jeep put out the 392, and because of the bronco jeep is making the extreme recon package so you can get a jeep stock with 35’s.

Jeep has been very complacent because they owned the market.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
Here is a another new one of a modified rubi on 40’s and a modified bronco on 40’s. The Bronco did better this time since the guy made his own pieces for the steering. However I still think the jeep wins. Everything was easier on the jeep which means on even harder obstacles the jeep could make them but the bronco would fail.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
Starting at 15:35 I watched that and thought holy crap no way for the bronco. I give him props for trying it. He wasn’t as high as the jeep but that was still impressive

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
WHAT?? I can't believe they both did that crazy off camber obstacle so easily! I thought for sure they both were going to tip over. The Wrangler did that so effortlessly though and like you said, way higher up.

Yeah, rock crawling, the Jeep is king for sure.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I like the new bronco and the factory up graded models are nice but like any vehicle you will need to add after market parts if you want to do a lot of more extreme off roading seems the steering components on the ford need a major up grade to run the 40’’ tires.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I like the new bronco and the factory up graded models are nice but like any vehicle you will need to add after market parts if you want to do a lot of more extreme off roading seems the steering components on the ford need a major up grade to run the 40’’ tires.
and to be fair it's not like Litebrite's jeep is stock axles and steering components with 40's slapped on.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Here is another good video that pretty closely compares a stock bronco with 35’s and a rubicon with added 35’s. I haven’t watched the whole thing yet but the highly modified bronco bowing out after the first obstacle doesn’t say much for making them capable for harder stuff. I wonder if in a year or two ford switches to a solid front axle in the bronco.

Last edited:

TerrysTRX

Reaction score
Here is another good video that pretty closely compares a stock bronco with 35’s and a rubicon with added 35’s. I haven’t watched the hole thing yet but the highly modified bronco bowing out after the first obstacle doesn’t say much for making them capable for harder stuff. I wonder if in a year or two ford switches to a sold front axle in the bronco.

That’s what I’ve been wondering, as to why they didn’t do the solid front axle in the first place.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s what I’ve been wondering, as to why they didn’t do the solid front axle in the first place.

Exactly. If they wanted to push to out do the wrangler, they need to have solid axles..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaXiong