Current gas prices in your area

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Often a manufacturer will make the distinction between “premium recommended” and “premium required”. My last truck was recommended. The TRX is required. I run / have ran strictly premium in both, but the TRX is without question. 700hp forced induction motor on 87 is a horrible idea. I don’t think it could ever pull enough timing when you get into the boost. Small miracle they can make that power on 93 honestly.

quietpeen

Reaction score
There Is only one place locally to me that actually sells 91 octane the minimum requirement and it’s not close. It generally is only a few cents cheaper than 93 so its not worth it to drive there to get 91 vs 93 at all the other gas stations.

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
We don’t have 91 anywhere around here. The station I go to is very odd. They have 88 E15 which is pretty uncommon. And the pumps that don’t have diesel have 92 octane right next to the 93. Sometimes it’s 10 cents cheaper. But most of the time it’s the same price so I get the 93. Our area has the reformulated gas mandate so it’s all Ethanol blend no matter what.

Really wish this pig was flex fuel because I’d just run the straight corn. Love the exhaust smell. Plus, how much worse could the fuel economy be.

grouch

Reaction score
We don’t have 91 anywhere around here. The station I go to is very odd. They have 88 E15 which is pretty uncommon. And the pumps that don’t have diesel have 92 octane right next to the 93. Sometimes it’s 10 cents cheaper. But most of the time it’s the same price so I get the 93. Our area has the reformulated gas mandate so it’s all Ethanol blend no matter what.

Really wish this pig was flex fuel because I’d just run the straight corn. Love the exhaust smell. Plus, how much worse could the fuel economy be.

Years ago, I had a 1980 Mercedes 300D sedan. It had the bio fuel conversion.You started and shut off running diesel. Then you switched over to used vegetable oil and switched back to shut it off. I had a Vegan neighbor. He was a bit of an ass. I loved to let the car idle when he was cooking out. It smelled like McDonald's french fries. I used to get many gallons from them free as they had to pay to get rid of it.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
I went mid grade today. I could not stomach the 150 bucks for 93 today.
F5A397BF-A326-4494-9790-A88CE9170C1F.jpeg

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lol what would you get like 7-8mpg on corn? I'm sure there are flex fuel kits out there already. Tons of the hell cat cars are running e.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I just broke above 8 MPG right now on 93, so I can only imagine. Was in the 7s all winter. Since E85 is only about a buck less right now, it wouldn’t really pay to do it at this point.

There is a FF kit I was looking at but I heard it’s a real bitch to install on these trucks. The fuel line at the back of the motor is totally buried in the firewall. Plus warranty concerns. Not quite there yet. And if I do go there, there will be a lot more done than just the flex fuel kit.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Prices dropped 10 cents a gallon here, but that is not enough
It’s normally 0.24$ of every $10.00 of what crude oil is selling for plus the tax and shipping. So at 105 a barrel it should be $2.63 plus tax. In Texas it is 0.40. So yes still high $3.85 here. http://www.bostongasprices.com/tax_info.aspx

Last edited:

Justin33

Reaction score
Oops, I meant to write New England. As for the Scots and Irish, I have a lot of cousins there. Sometimes I'll even drop into a Scots accent to mess with people. I even have a car with Scottish brakes. It'll stop on a dime, then pick it up.

With a Grandfather names Phineas, what do you expect?
I’m from Maine what are you saying?

grouch

Reaction score
Filled up yesterday at Costco. $3.86.9 a gallon. If people keep reducing their driving, it may stay lower, like this. Around here though, come Memeorial Day, the cars hit the road and it goes up.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over 10 cents increase
It's dropped a small amount here in Phoenix, but still nothing to be happy about. I'm sure it will increase again though

quietpeen

Reaction score
Premium here topped out at $5.15 and has dropped to $4.99 but I agree that it will go up again. Supposedly there is a bill proposing to temporarily suspend the state gas tax but I don't see that happening. Even if it did I would expect that when they stop the suspension they raise the tax more to make up the lost revenue.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Premium here topped out at $5.15 and has dropped to $4.99 but I agree that it will go up again. Supposedly there is a bill proposing to temporarily suspend the state gas tax but I don't see that happening. Even if it did I would expect that when they stop the suspension they raise the tax more to make up the lost revenue.
Yep. There has been a few states that have suspended the gas tax. It should have been done awhile ago for all states. But unfortunately they don’t care

grouch

Reaction score
Yep. There has been a few states that have suspended the gas tax. It should have been done awhile ago for all states. But unfortunately they don’t care

The gas tax suspension won't make any difference on oil prices. The oil producers have been cutting back on production to keep profits high. It's been so plentiful that share holder profits are hurting.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The gas tax suspension won't make any difference on oil prices. The oil producers have been cutting back on production to keep profits high. It's been so plentiful that share holder profits are hurting.
Ya. I saw where it was around .30 per gallon savings with tax suspension. Probably tax something more to make up the difference

grouch

Reaction score
Filled up today. Since I hadn't been to my parents graves in a while, I went across the river and filled up while there. In town, the price went from $4.04 to $4.26 as I watched the sign at a light. Across in Henderson Ky., it was $3.57 credit and $3.47 for cash. As I don't use plastic very often, I was a happy camper. It probably went up afterward as it IS Thursday, but I got mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague