Elon taking over Twitter??

quietpeen

Reaction score

quietpeen

Reaction score
and this is how the lying liberal media reports on it

1649941684332.png

How is offering to buy it at a price higher than the stocks are currently worth Hostile?

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Buy now if you want to be part of history. And make $7 per share.
This is crazy. In his letter saying this platform needs to be used for free speech around the world, not who they want to have a platform. I hope they take his offer. My gut says they won’t

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Reaction score
This is crazy. In his letter saying this platform needs to be used for free speech around the world, not who they want to have a platform. I hope they take his offer. My guy says they won’t
The right price, everything is for-sale.
Free speech though, I don’t know you look at a platform like this forum and it’s private but we don’t technically don’t have free speech on here.
Maybe he’ll make a run at Facebook next. Haha I’ve come to really hate that platform.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The right price, everything is for-sale.
Free speech though, I don’t know you look at a platform like this forum and it’s private but we don’t technically don’t have free speech on here.
Maybe he’ll make a run at Facebook next. Haha I’ve come to really hate that platform.
Lol. Which one you hate Facebook or Twitter?

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Lol. Which one you hate Facebook or Twitter?
Sorry I dislike them both but I hate Facebook. I’m not talking about the software and what they have to offer (I actually like marketplace) but talking about ownership/management

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I dislike them both but I hate Facebook. I’m not talking about the software and what they have to offer (I actually like marketplace) but talking about ownership/management
I dropped Facebook 2 years ago because I finally got tired of arguing with people for hours about certain things. Finally said to myself what are you doing wasting hours a day trying to explain common sense to people and getting all pissed off. Best decision I’ve made.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I made the transition to TikTok 😜. I don’t post anything, but I watch videos. That app can take you down a time warp rabbit hole real quick. Time flies when I start getting into fyp (for you pages).

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Well if they don’t let him buy it he will dump his stock and you could lose big time if you have extra money you don’t mind losing sure take the chance but it could still go up or way down.

Reactions: Bwl

Bwl

Reaction score
Or some group on the left will put in a bigger bid to try to keep it the way it is or push it further and start a bidding war. Or he dumps his stock and takes the money he already made before he pulls his takeover bid for whatever reason he figures will be acceptable enough to justify it. Never know with these things. He'll gain even more followers either way though as his moves make big financial differences nowadays.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

View attachment 2870

How is offering to buy it at a price higher than the stocks are currently worth Hostile?
Pretty disturbing that they headline it like this. And they wonder why the majority of the people don't trust what the "news" says anymore

grouch

Reaction score

View attachment 2870

Aggressive price offers are a hostile take over. That's been the definition for well over 100 years. It isn't Liberal reporting, it's been in the Wall Street Journal since the early 1900's. WSJ is definitely NOT liberal.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Aggressive price offers are a hostile take over. That's been the definition for well over 100 years. It isn't Liberal reporting, it's been in the Wall Street Journal since the early 1900's. WSJ is definitely NOT liberal.
Thanks for the clarification......Learn something new every day (y)

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL the WSJ IS way left of center... Liberal AF man. I understand why some people don't think so but nah man...

And why is an aggressive offer a hostile takeover? They don't have to take it right? Or do they because they are required to make their shareholders money?

grouch

Reaction score
LOL the WSJ IS way left of center... Liberal AF man. I understand why some people don't think so but nah man...

And why is an aggressive offer a hostile takeover? They don't have to take it right? Or do they because they are required to make their shareholders money?

The Capitalist Bible is Liberal? Nope. Keep in mind that WSJ is owned by NewsCorp. They also own Fox News. The WSJ is where the really rich people get their news. They are not liberal. A few are maybe, but mostly staid, conservative investors read the WSJ. Calling them Liberal is just touting a line put out by somebody that didn't get their way.

grouch

Reaction score
Not surprising but Twatter turned him down

Not really, they have initiated a "poison pill" strategy. The SEC regulates stock transactions. This takes advantage of controls put in place after the 1929 stock market crash. There were more regulations, aimed at the crash in 2006, but those were repealed in 2018.

grouch

Reaction score
Musk may not be able to buy Twitter since his pffer wasn't a legal offer. Twitter can probably just ignore it. He's done lots of things like that over the years.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I worked as a campaign volunteer for the Trump organization. He isn't what he seems. I still have an unpaid voucher from the 2016 run. The account is closed. He doesn't pay his bills.

I am no longer a Republican. I am though, still an American. As such, I support the office of the President of the United States of America. Regardless of who is in the office.

Historically, it takes 18 to 24 months for a President to affect the economy through his actions and policies. We are still in the Trump economy, albeit the tail end of it.
Oh really. We are still in the "Trump economy". Are you effing kidding me. The economy is effected by the oil pipeline shutdowns and the jobs lost because of that. Also effected by the pandemic shutdowns that Trump was against. Effected by a doddering dolt of a President that is tearing this nation apart by being weak and letting other world leaders run roughshod while we run with our tails between our legs. There is ABSOLUTELY no respect for the office of the President coming from this veteran and if you like the price at the fuel pumps, make sure that when they come down, you pay for the next person in line at the pump so you can get that "feel good" feeling. Why don't you go down to the border and help hand out new cell phones and food stamps and living vouchers to the new US citizens that ass wipe is letting cross the border. Another feel good feeling that should make your day. Those new higher taxes that we are paying to support the additional medical coverage and all the freebies and social security disability funds should also get you all fluttery inside.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron