Elon taking over Twitter??

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
If any of you guys are into crypto currency may I suggest buying some dogecoin i heard that Elton is going to use that coin to pay for monthly payments on twitter. It jumped 26% last night .

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If any of you guys are into crypto currency may I suggest buying some dogecoin i heard that Elton is going to use that coin to pay for monthly payments on twitter. It jumped 26% last night .
I have it and it’s done the opposite so far 🤣

grouch

Reaction score
Musk may have a long term plan that might surprise people. Twitter has been banned in China for years. China is where Musk gets his batteries. How much do you want to bet he'll push China to open up to Twitter and reap in the profits. If that happens, figure on tweets critical of China to have issues and anything to do with Taiwan will be restricted.

grouch

Reaction score
Elon is playing games again. China and Twitter are not friends. He gets a lot of his power supplies from China. I suspect he may back out and what this will do to other aspects of his empire may off set the 1 Billion dollar penalty he may get hit with. Rich people play these games and small investors get the hit.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Elon is playing games again. China and Twitter are not friends. He gets a lot of his power supplies from China. I suspect he may back out and what this will do to other aspects of his empire may off set the 1 Billion dollar penalty he may get hit with. Rich people play these games and small investors get the hit.
Interesting. Didn’t know Twitter wasn’t in China but make sense in that country

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Lydell is hardly left leaning.
1651699441708.gif

quietpeen

Reaction score
Mike Lydell is hardly left leaning.
Until i looked it up i had no clue who Mike Lydell was 😂. I’m just talking about all the ”I’m leaving twitter”. “We are going to put this guy in charge of our democracy?”….etc people.

grouch

Reaction score
Until i looked it up i had no clue who Mike Lydell was 😂. I’m just talking about all the ”I’m leaving twitter”. “We are going to put this guy in charge of our democracy?”….etc people.

I'm ambivalent towards him. He gripes about Twitter, then again I don't believe the stories of mind control chips in his pillows. Now THAT may be from the left. I hope.

grouch

Reaction score
I see where Elon may institute a "slight" fee for Twitter. Supposedly it will be for commercial and government users. Maybe. On the one hand, it will cut down on the 'Bots, on the other, if you're paying for something, should you have what you post restricted?

grouch

Reaction score
If you wondered why the take over is called "Hostile", the first shareholder lawsuit has been filed.A pension fund has filed suit to stop the buy out for three years. It's only going to get nastier.

quietpeen

Reaction score
If you wondered why the take over is called "Hostile", the first shareholder lawsuit has been filed.A pension fund has filed suit to stop the buy out for three years. It's only going to get nastier.
So it’s call hostile not becuase the buyers offer is hostile but because shareholders might not like the purchase?

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-feds-open-investigation-into-elon-musk-report-says
http://Feds Open Investigation Into Elon Musk, Report Says

And now this…. I’m all for investigations, but why only investigate certain people, when we have so much corruption in our government and nothing is done. And I’m referring to all parties! Would love to see an investigation to this $100 billion going to corrupt Ukraine. How come we don’t get to see what it’s used for and to whom?!? Sad we are being played to line certain peoples pockets with our tax $!

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s just my ipad but that link won’t open. However you are completely correct. Investigations only happen to those that oppose the agenda. They have had too much influence and too much control For too long.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

grouch

Reaction score
So it’s call hostile not becuase the buyers offer is hostile but because shareholders might not like the purchase?

It's more complex than that, but you have the gist of it. Securities laws go back well over 100 years. Teddy Roosevelt got the ball rolling on them as a lot of the rich people back in the late 11800's used other peoples money without permission to get rich. Talk of corruption today is a pale shadow of what went on before the laws came in. There were some laws put in place after the Housing bubble in the 2000's. Those got repealed in 2018. Our 401K's have to watch for problems from that.

grouch

Reaction score
The excuses have begun. Elon may be backing out if his Twitter deal. He's been in trouble in the pas with the SEC because of comments he's said. Now he's making comments, well, excuses, about fake Twitter accounts.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The excuses have begun. Elon may be backing out if his Twitter deal. He's been in trouble in the pas with the SEC because of comments he's said. Now he's making comments, well, excuses, about fake Twitter accounts.
Twitter makes it’s money selling ads and data. The value of the company and it’s services is directly tied to it’s number of users.

Twitter will be the one in hot water with the SEC (and at the receiving end of shareholder lawsuits) when/if it’s revealed that a large number of it’s users are bots. Providing artificially inflated user stats is no different than lying about revenue to court investors.

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out. I wouldn’t bet against Musk on this or anything else. Learned my lesson scoffing at Tesla years ago.

grouch

Reaction score
Twitter makes it’s money selling ads and data. The value of the company and it’s services is directly tied to it’s number of users.

Twitter will be the one in hot water with the SEC (and at the receiving end of shareholder lawsuits) when/if it’s revealed that a large number of it’s users are bots. Providing artificially inflated user stats is no different than lying about revenue to court investors.

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out. I wouldn’t bet against Musk on this or anything else. Learned my lesson scoffing at Tesla years ago.

I have to admit I was surprised at the preordered cars that took forever to get delivered. The same happened to Tucker years ago and it got shut down before the cars could be built.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19