Exhaust Options and Discussion

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
MBRP has a pretty nice delete kit

ess-steel-30-muffler-delete-race__91005.1626193024.png

quietpeen

Reaction score
While the OEM exhaust is excellent, I know I'm not the only gearhead that likes it even louder. Lots of great choices already in the aftermarket for full systems, but I ended up just cutting off the factory resonators and installing SLP resonators in their place. Just a bit louder than stock at idle, but when you stomp on it....Sweet Jesus the music is glorious! What are you guys doing? Show pics/vids. (y)

View attachment 217

Cold start:

Under an overpass:

I have been meaning to ask this and just now getting around to it. How come you have two different band clamps?

Edit:
after looking into it further I can see that the one end is a slip joint and the other is more of a butt joint. Do you have lap joint clamps?

Edit #2:
Pretty sure I got it all figured out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
APEX REX

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been meaning to ask this and just now getting around to it. How come you have two different band clamps?

Edit:
after looking into it further I can see that the one end is a slip joint and the other is more of a butt joint. Do you have lap joint clamps?

Edit #2:
Pretty sure I got it all figured out.

I bought a bunch of different clamps (including lap joint clamps) and ended up using the slip and butt clamps, but think the lap joint would have worked equally well on the rear connection.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I bought a bunch of different clamps (including lap joint clamps) and ended up using the slip and butt clamps, but think the lap joint would have worked equally well on the rear connection.
I hope you are right, I bought lap joint clamps for the rear connection.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I got the SLP Loudmouth's and exhaust clamps ready for install. Do you remember how much you cut out? Maybe a dimension from each side of the stock muffler?

drakon543

Reaction score
you should cut out enough for the pipes to extend into the new muffler almost the full length of the inlet and outlet. some mufflers will allow you to have the pipe protrude into the inside of the muffler which isnt ideal so measure and mark the pipes prior to installing. easy way ive done is the new muffler casing measurement + 1/2 inch then cut the muffler and the pipes that much. just be mindful of any potential bends or hangars in the exhaust measure twice cut once.

quietpeen

Reaction score
you should cut out enough for the pipes to extend into the new muffler almost the full length of the inlet and outlet. some mufflers will allow you to have the pipe protrude into the inside of the muffler which isnt ideal so measure and mark the pipes prior to installing. easy way ive done is the new muffler casing measurement + 1/2 inch then cut the muffler and the pipes that much. just be mindful of any potential bends or hangars in the exhaust measure twice cut once.
thanks for the info. Pretty much how I was thinking of doing it. I will definitely measure multiple times before cutting :ROFLMAO:

quietpeen

Reaction score
I will be installing these this coming weekend. I will try remember to get before and after cold and warm starts even though they tend to sound the same.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I got these installed over the weekend and It sounds amazing, but you can barely hear a difference in volume in the videos. In real life though it is a definitely a noticeable difference.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
Here is a video with some starts and revs. The stock is a true cold start but the SLP isn‘t quite a cold start but close, it was about an hour after we did the video for the stock cold start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj