intro

drakon543

Reaction score
so atm im truckless but im always looking. suppose i dont really favor ford dodge chevy more as i do enough research before i buy something to find out if its worth buying. been wrenching on my own vehicles repairs or mods which i rarely leave a vehicle alone. as far as dodge goes 1984 d100 and a 99 ram 1500 and a few jeeps. as the used vehicle market right now is ridiculous ive missed out on 4 dodge trucks but it is the direction im leaning atm.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
so atm im truckless but im always looking. suppose i dont really favor ford dodge chevy more as i do enough research before i buy something to find out if its worth buying. been wrenching on my own vehicles repairs or mods which i rarely leave a vehicle alone. as far as dodge goes 1984 d100 and a 99 ram 1500 and a few jeeps. as the used vehicle market right now is ridiculous ive missed out on 4 dodge trucks but it is the direction im leaning atm.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your truck shopping! What did you own before you were truckless?

OP
OP
D

drakon543

Reaction score
03 explorer
07 mountaineer
97 tahoe
94 suburban
97 explorer
94 f150
99 ram 1500
84 d100
86 f250
79 f150 custom
atleast for trucks

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Welcome! Did you hear about the special Ford has going on right now with all new trucks?

Buy a truck and get a free dog... You'll have a friend to walk home with you when your truck breaks.
funny-dog-driving.jpg

OP
OP
D

drakon543

Reaction score
^ hadnt heard that version b4

typically hear...

Can
Hear
Every
Valve
Rattle
Or
Lifter
Every
Time

lol
ive heard both i can never remember it entirely tho. fords i won't touch anything with a 4.6 or 5.4 in it. chevy i wont touch anything with thier afm sysyem in it. dodge i wont touch some of the trucks and suvs with an automatic unless i see a carfax with proper transmission service. as a basic concept atleast there's a few other odds and ends i steer clear of. the 94 and older fords i always look at for a potential easy flip. tps and something as simple as plugs in those trucks don't seem to get enough thought. they dont like certain plugs hard core for some reason. ive bought and flipped 2 because the previous owner didn't know you cant run bosch plugs and you NEED to keep the plug wires properly separated. they gave up assumed the engine was shot and sold it on the cheap. bought a couple chevys that way aswell. my old 84 d100 i bought cheap because of a lifter tap. pff its a 318 i kept running that truck for 2 years before i sold it for only a 100 bucks less than i bought it for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron