Need a quick photo.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of their driver’s side rear shock absorber. My clunking was finally traced to that shock, they replaced it and solved the issue. Unfortunately the dopes assembled the bottom half of the shock backwards. The shield faces the back instead of the front and broke when it hit the body of the shock on a bump.

Can’t make this shit up. Anyway, a photo of a shock installed correctly would be helpful to explain in children’s terms so they understand and I can close out this 2 month saga.
69E533AF-A1B0-429B-A306-E892B2C3FF55.jpeg
B9177548-A9B9-4EB0-A54C-7FBE8DCBC297.jpeg

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Another new shock had to be ordered. This time on the dealer’s dime. They’ve been great to work with but still a frustrating scenario.

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Biggest annoyance is having to unmarry my Tazer before every appointment. Also had to take the sway bar off and back on twice now. Once when I thought it might be creating the noise (it wasn’t). And then again before I brought it back.

Anyway. They can work around it this time, I’m done screwing around with it. I didn’t see they installed the shock backwards until after I put the damn thing back on.

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
WOW, i cant believe a mechanic would do that... He must be sharp like a hammer.....
Guarantee he had a long long day with the rest of the staff breaking his balls over it. Hopefully a lesson learned on his part.

Dannybandaids

Reaction score
sorry about your luck... that is frustrating... any more info on what specifically the issue was with the shock that was causing the noise?

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Wow, so how's the truck driving with a bad/broken shock?
Fine actually. They flipped the bottom of it to face the right direction at least. But the plastic part is still broken and I believe some other damage as well from it being mounted backwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBL