Show us your TRX!!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks and Agreed 100%. Definitely a labor of love. Yes, stock height and tires, just new Methods.

Amazing how its stock height. Did you add spacers in the front to level it?

Bambi

Reaction score
4D582BD5-53D6-4F54-999C-2FC245615F94.jpeg
46641D1C-DCCB-4766-8EC5-E3EA63536878.jpeg
CF823953-E68E-4997-9C0A-AE0D99E4D163.jpeg

Bambi

Reaction score
I haven't asked this to any members yet, but why did you pick your color, as in you bambi, why did you go with the blue?
I ordered a Granite with medium options(I hate sunroofs and some other crap like advanced safety). Msrp was about 84.

I got tired of Ram’s um, “challenged” roll out. Agreed to a 5k adm with local dealer. This was before they were even being delivered. Oct 2020. Dealer told me late feb/march delivery. Long story short, told dealer I would keep the order even though they were missing delivery date if they removed the adm. They declined. Took a couple weeks and found a loaded truck at sticker end of feb. Guy that ordered it died (I have the only “Launch Edition” dead guy truck in the world as my vin is …. 60X).

Got some options I didn’t want and some I didn’t know I wanted until I experienced them. I still hate sunroofs but the HUD and interior overall are legit. They rival most euro cars in materials, fit, finish imo and I’ve owned a bunch.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered a Granite with medium options(I hate sunroofs and some other crap like advanced safety). Msrp was about 84.

I got tired of Ram’s um, “challenged” roll out. Agreed to a 5k adm with local dealer. This was before they were even being delivered. Oct 2020. Dealer told me late feb/march delivery. Long story short, told dealer I would keep the order even though they were missing delivery date if they removed the adm. They declined. Took a couple weeks and found a loaded truck at sticker end of feb. Guy that ordered it died (I have the only “Launch Edition” dead guy truck in the world as my vin is …. 60X).

Got some options I didn’t want and some I didn’t know I wanted until I experienced them.

So blue wasn't your real choice, but you're cool with it?

Bambi

Reaction score
So blue wasn't your real choice, but you're cool with it?
I really like it. Only thing I dislike is how visually “loud” it is but really pretty color. It was white, blue or granite on my list of preferences when I ordered. Over time I’ve gotten to like the Red. Silver just isn’t my thing on anything but M/AMG cars but looks good on this.

I really wanted a purple option as have a fetish for purple cars. Not a big fan of the new orange. Black looks mean but I don’t like black vehicles personally

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really like it. Only thing I dislike is how visually “loud” it is but really pretty color. It was white, blue or granite on my list of preferences when I ordered. Over time I’ve gotten to like the Red. Silver just isn’t my thing on anything but M/AMG cars but looks good on this.

I really wanted a purple option as have a fetish for purple cars. Not a big fan of the new orange.

Got ya. As long as its grown on yea. I'm a huge fan of the granite and black looks of the TRXs. I just wish with the granite, there was an option to not go 2 tone.

Bambi

Reaction score
Got ya. As long as its grown on yea. I'm a huge fan of the granite and black looks of the TRXs. I just wish with the granite, there was an option to not go 2 tone.
That is lame. They were clearly trying to bring up the waist by painting rockers black. Differentiated from rebel/etc which I guess the HC challenger/charger folks bitched about. I like the aesthetic but it should’ve been a choice.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is lame. They were clearly trying to bring up the waist by painting rockers black. I like the aesthetic but it should’ve been a choice.

Still not a bad look, but it is what it is. The blue is cool on yours. I'd rock it. ;)

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Loving that first dirty pic looks sweet. I had the same experience trying to get a TRX when I saw a 75th power wagon and at sticker price I jumped on it. And my dealer still doesn’t have a TRX on the lot.

Bambi

Reaction score
Loving that first dirty pic looks sweet. I had the same experience trying to get a TRX when I saw a 75th power wagon and at sticker price I jumped on it. And my dealer still doesn’t have a TRX on the lot.
Seems any TRX anywhere in the country for sticker doesn’t last a day and dealers are still getting 5-10 over regularly. My local dealer is getting 5 over on Orders!

I think the supply chain shortages (Let’s Go Brandon) are going to be worse in 22. Buy what you want as soon as you can imo. I’d be pissed if I didn’t have an hcat truck to play with while watching the collapse of late stage capitalism.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems any TRX anywhere in the country for sticker doesn’t last a day and dealers are still getting 5-10 over regularly. My local dealer is getting 5 over on Orders!

I think the supply chain shortages (Let’s Go Brandon) are going to be worse in 22. Buy what you want as soon as you can imo. I’d be pissed if I didn’t have an hcat truck to play with while watching the collapse of late stage capitalism.

So it sounded like you went through the same issues with your ordered truck, but were lucky to get one off the lot somewhere else. Did you say you got yours for sticker or over?

Bambi

Reaction score
So it sounded like you went through the same issues with your ordered truck, but were lucky to get one off the lot somewhere else. Did you say you got yours for sticker or over?
Sticker. Cost $1900 to ship from Michigan to sacramento. If you are ready to complete quickly and have a little patience/flexibility, you can get one at sticker. They show up every week or two.

On ordered trucks just grab the 9k under sticker deals. They seem to be getting delivered.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sticker. Cost $1900 to ship from Michigan to sacramento. If you are ready to complete quickly and have a little patience/flexibility, you can get one at sticker. They show up every week or two.

On ordered trucks just grab the 9k under sticker deals. They seem to be getting delivered.

Yeah, I see a few dealers with that $9000 under deal going on.

Bambi

Reaction score
Yeah, I see a few dealers with that $9000 under deal going on.
Trucks are actually getting delivered too in a semi-reasonable period of time and seems the first MY teething issues are cleared up. The only reason you see these deals is due to a change in how RAM is delivering trucks. There aren’t allocations like for 2021. Every order with a customer name on it will get delivered so the dealers are actually incentivized to take as many named orders as possible. If people drop out, dealership has a truck they can sell at sticker or higher. The deposits are generally refundable and small

These are all pricey toys but 9k under is a hell of a lot of truck for the money. I think there’s a bunch of merit to buying a really low options build. I don’t see how you could lose money on 9k under sticker for a base trx. Don’t like it? Sell it for msrp a few thousand miles later.

Have you driven a TRX yet? It is really really good. Highly engaging and that powerplant is magic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT