Show us your TRX!!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Shaggy Come to the dark side bro. It’s a bitchin rig. There are only a handful of people I’m aware of that got a TRX and didn’t like it. It’s kinda hard not to love unless you are a communist

I'm all for it to be honest but I'm needing a new truck for hauling. The 2006 duramax I have now is great, but I don't trust it hauling something(like an 5th wheel RV) with the family. Its great for hauling things close by, just not long distances.

I'm thinking of getting a Powerstroke Tremor or a Ram.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
I'm all for it to be honest but I'm needing a new truck for hauling. The 2006 duramax I have now is great, but I don't trust it hauling something(like an 5th wheel RV) with the family. Its great for hauling things close by, just not long distances.

I'm thinking of getting a Powerstroke Tremor or a Ram.
I have a TRX---great toy truck and does haul the mail baby. May be keeping it to mod but I need a HD truck for what I do and where I go. My Tremor King Ranch oil burner is ordered and will be here before the end of the year hopefully. Few mods to it lights, suspension, tires and wheels it will be good to go. ;)

I cannot wait for the new updated 2500 Ram to come out and GM 2500's (had a 2020 2500) do not have the adaptive cruise which is a must for me.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I have a TRX---great toy truck and does haul the mail baby. May be keeping it to mod but I need a HD truck for what I do and where I go. My Tremor King Ranch oil burner is ordered and will be here before the end of the year hopefully. Few mods to it lights, suspension, tires and wheels it will be good to go. ;)

I cannot wait for the new updated 2500 Ram to come out and GM 2500's (had a 2020 2500) do not have the adaptive cruise which is a must for me.
? Adaptive cruise ? I don’t have it but it seems people love it or hate it. Can I ask why it’s so important to you?

Busa Dave

Reaction score
? Adaptive cruise ? I don’t have it but it seems people love it or hate it. Can I ask why it’s so important to you?
Well not to be rude but if I have to explain you would not understand. I drive currently about 48k a year. A lot of it highway between DFW and the ranch in NM. It is about an 8 hour drive between 75 and 90 mph. This makes the drive Much Much easier.

FWIW I do not use it much in city highway driving.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Well not to be rude but if I have to explain you would not understand. I drive currently about 48k a year. A lot of it highway between DFW and the ranch in NM. It is about an 8 hour drive between 75 and 90 mph. This makes the drive Much Much easier.

FWIW I do not use it much in city highway driving.
Ok I get that it’s great for long highway driving, I guess I need to try it out for myself

Bambi

Reaction score
@tinman454
And now for a helpful response @Busa Dave was too busy being an asshole to provide. Adaptive cruise is a highly convenient feature and I’ve bot spoken to people that hate it. You can set it at your max desired speed then just go with traffic as it slows down and speeds up.

Great for avoiding tickets because you are accidentally going 95 by a cop. I barely get on the freeway anymore but back when I did, it was a great feature I used everyday

Busa Dave

Reaction score
@tinman454
And now for a helpful response @Busa Dave was too busy being an asshole to provide. Adaptive cruise is a highly convenient feature and I’ve bot spoken to people that hate it. You can set it at your max desired speed then just go with traffic as it slows down and speeds up.

Great for avoiding tickets because you are accidentally going 95 by a cop. I barely get on the freeway anymore but back when I did, it was a great feature I used everyday
Did you use it when you were driving back and forth to rehab or were you a court ordered resident there? Bet it helped!

Last edited:

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Ok I get that it’s great for long highway driving, I guess I need to try it out for myself
Yes it works better on the highway because in the city the acceleration and the braking can be rather abrupt due to the nature of stop and go city traffic.

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it works better on the highway because in the city the acceleration and the braking can be rather abrupt due to the nature of stop and go city traffic.

Welcome to the Forum Dave, good to have you here. (y)

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Its great to have when on the highway. You just set it at a certain speed. When you come up to another vehicle, the truck will automatically slow down to the speed of the vehicle in front of you. You don't have to hit the brakes and you could continue behind that one vehicle as long as you like and it will keep the same speed as them. You could also pass and then it would speed back up to the speed you had set the cruise at automatically. Its been great when on a long trip on the highway.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Finally found one in Ottawa last night.

Attachments

• 7D716C3F-4D44-4910-AF3E-5D88C97BA3B4.jpeg
    7D716C3F-4D44-4910-AF3E-5D88C97BA3B4.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members