What in the heck is this monstrosity??? 6x6??

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just realized the makers of this thing were just on Jay Leno's youtube show with one of their Jeeps. So they are legit but I have no idea who would buy one of these things, but wow! Kind of defeats the purpose of the truck I think.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just realized the makers of this thing were just on Jay Leno's youtube show with one of their Jeeps. So they are legit but I have no idea who would buy one of these things, but wow! Kind of defeats the purpose of the truck I think.

Hennessey also did it to a raptor:

6X6-Hennessey-Velociraptor-06-980x620.jpg

Jwil

Reaction score
Personal opinion incoming, not meant to offend anyone:

I'm not a huge fan of 6x6s. I understand the idea and the possibility of their practicality, but beyond a show of wealth, what's the point? It's probably safe to bet that most of them will never really see anything beyond pavement, at least not very much. The turning radius has got to be atrocious unless if you're ripping through the sand and can spin it on a dime, which I would love to see tbh.

Don't get me wrong, they're cool to look at... but I could find plenty of ways to better spend my money, especially if I was preparing for the end of the world. From the video I watched about the Florida company that made the Jeep Gladiator featured on Jay Leno's Garage, they seem to be playing into the "fad" of prepping. That being said, these guys make some serious quality stuff, and put a lot of pride into what they do. I would personally rather see some custom made 1 ton axles swapped under a TRX with some mad travel and low range for crawling, all while being able to crush some whoops in the desert.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I completely agree ^ especially on trucks like the TRX or Raptor. They are made for moving quickly in rough terrain. I just don't see how a 6x6 can move as quickly or feel as nimble as these trucks do now.

Jwil

Reaction score
I completely agree ^ especially on trucks like the TRX or Raptor. They are made for moving quickly in rough terrain. I just don't see how a 6x6 can move as quickly or feel as nimble as these trucks do now.
I think having the hellcat is too much in a six by six. you need something with some serious low end torque and isn't built for speed... at least imo a 6x6 is meant for going slow off road, and not stopping because nothing WILL stop it lol. At least thinking of military 2.5 and 5 ton trucks.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
like others have said looks bad ass but not really any advantage to doing this. If you want to go anywhere buy a Sherp

Bambi

Reaction score
Guy that is doing these conversions is apparently already booked out over a year. Not my thing but whatever makes the owners happy. One is running around with those janky retrofit lambo doors.

Meanwhile I’ve been waiting for the wheel well LED’s to come in for months!!!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guy that is doing these conversions is apparently already booked out over a year. Not my thing but whatever makes the owners happy. One is running around with those janky retrofit lambo doors.

Meanwhile I’ve been waiting for the wheel well LED’s to come in for months!!!

200.gif

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yuck, that thing needs the fire treatment.....
200.gif

jvbutter01

Reaction score
like it or not, its amazing what aftermarket can do. that looks pretty dam factory with the smooth lines. I give them props for that.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
like it or not, its amazing what aftermarket can do. that looks pretty dam factory with the smooth lines. I give them props for that.
For sure. I am not a fan, but it is amazing what they can do aftermarket like you stated. Lots of rubberneckers checking this beast out.

Btw, welcome to the site!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

For sure. Does look factory but I bet trying to park in a parking lot is a nightmare. :LOL:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron