OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
going back up again. Now $5.39 for 93 around me.
Yep. Summer is coming. I was in Louisville and Indiana over the weekend and saw gas at $3.89 for 87. I should have snapped a pic of that unicorn

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I was a Costco guy but I recently joined Sam’s Club for the gas. Our Costco is too close to the border. Pumps are always jam-packed with FIBs crossing over to WI from IL. They don’t wanna pay the commie taxes they voted for. Sam’s I can get in and out. And it’s closer to home.

Both Sam’s and Costco tend to be ~30 cents cheaper. $4.69 over the weekend. Should make that membership fee back pretty quick in this pig.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I was a Costco guy but I recently joined Sam’s Club for the gas. Our Costco is too close to the border. Pumps are always jam-packed with FIBs crossing over to WI from IL. They don’t wanna pay the commie taxes they voted for. Sam’s I can get in and out. And it’s closer to home.

Both Sam’s and Costco tend to be ~30 cents cheaper. $4.69 over the weekend. Should make that membership fee back pretty quick in this pig.
I have a BJ's Wholesale membership for the same reason, gas is at times 40 cents cheaper. Then certain in club purchases get you 10 cents off per gallon. I have definitely already got my money back for the price of admission. I need to get their credit card because that also gives 10 cents off a gallon.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I have a BJ's Wholesale membership for the same reason, gas is at times 40 cents cheaper. Then certain in club purchases get you 10 cents off per gallon. I have definitely already got my money back for the price of admission. I need to get their credit card because that also gives 10 cents off a gallon.
It’s just keeps getting tougher and tougher every day. The construction industrys are all lining up to go on strike lol the crane guys are asking 8$ an hour more and the carpenters are out not sure how much they want. Seems the government won’t be happy till no one can afford to build anything. Worst part is Constuction is 2.3 % of our G.D.P So if it goes we are fucked in Canada it’s basically the only thing going good in Canada and making all the money for our government. Can’t wait till % rates go back up to 5-6% looks like it will be canada”s turn to bail out the banks and give them bonuses for wrecking countless peoples lives.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Hey one thing due to insane inflation is that he cost of groceries is outrageous so gas points come quicker from the grocery store. So i spend hundreds more on groceries but get a whopping 20 cents off per gallon once more At the pump. Yay me

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yeah, getting pretty bad. Record high prices here as of today. Chickens coming home to roost. Hostile energy policies, plus insane spending/ money printing for Covid. Amazing that the “experts” didn’t see this coming when we all did.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
From the signing of a lease to oil flowing is between 5 and 8 years. That's if everything goes right. It rarely does.
Not saying 3 leases are the solution to the problem, but canceling them sure isn’t a step in the right direction! It’s a speculative market. These hostile energy policies affect the investments oil companies are willing to make today, and into the future. Leases that don’t get canceled get tied up in a million miles of red tape. Who the hell would want to invest in energy production right now?

grouch

Reaction score
Not saying 3 leases are the solution to the problem, but canceling them sure isn’t a step in the right direction! It’s a speculative market. These hostile energy policies affect the investments oil companies are willing to make today, and into the future. Leases that don’t get canceled get tied up in a million miles of red tape. Who the hell would want to invest in energy production right now?

The oil companies. Here in the Illinois basin area, piping is going in as fast as they can bore. Production was deliberately slowed to get the price up. Now that it's up, production is ramping up again.

With tight supplies and rising prices, the race is on to grab the market while it's hot. Dormant well heads are being reopened to get as much on the market before Memorial Day. That's when the summer driving season starts. As long as the prices stay up, there won't be a shortage.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Here in the great sovereign state of Arkansas, the going rate for regular gas is around $3.99/gal. I'm not going to be able to afford Biden's gas much longer. Something has got to give. :cautious:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron