OEM Bed Lights

quietpeen

Reaction score
My truck didn’t come with the bed utility group so I don’t have the lights. I’m waiting for parts on order but I bought the two lights and 2 new harnesses that make this a true plug and play installation. Of course I will have to use AlfaOBD to enable them. When I get the parts I will try to take pictures of the install but it seems pretty straight forward. Take existing harness out and install new harness in their place that have the plug for the lights and plug the lights in.

Here are the part #’s for what I ordered For a 2021 model. For 2022 the part # for the right side jumper harness is different(68523847AA), but I can’t answer Why. If i had to guess I would say it’s for the light in the tailgate handle.

IMG_2463.jpeg

The alternative to this is to buy the mopar bed light kit which costs about the same price if not more but you have to route the wires all the way along the side of the truck and go through the firewall to get up under the dash and then re-pin some of the connectors to the bcm.

AlfaOBD settings:
CBC Config I/O bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin 16: set to yes

CBC Config I/O Connector F Pin 6: Baggage compartment Lamps Output Present - Set to yes (mine was already on yes)

2014 CBC Config I/o & Feat.: Bed Lighting Present - Pin A5: Set to yes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
all the parts for this have now been delivered. However its way too hot in my garage to install. I plan to tackle this tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Install was a success. Maybe took about an hour.

Here are the 4 parts ordered:

IMG_5579.jpeg

IMG_5580.jpeg

First step was to remove the spare tire because the harness that goes to the passenger side light is run above the spare and is attached to the spare tire support. Shown below.

This Is looking up at the harness and the top of the picture would be toward the front of the truck.

IMG_5588.jpeg

this pic is the continuation of the harness to the left of the above picture on the other side of the frame.

IMG_5590.jpeg

Here is the removed harness and the the new harness beside it.

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
The new harness goes back in and attaches in all the same spots. The nut for the ground is a 10mm. Installing the light is very easy the plug just drops straight down and the light snaps in.

first use a plastic trim removal tool and pop out the plastic cap. Then snap in the light

IMG_5583.jpeg

IMG_5595.jpeg

Here is the new harness installed. Circled is the connection for the light. It was nice that light cord also attaches to the truck so it’s not just flopping around.

IMG_5593.jpeg

Next was to find and remove the drivers side harness. This is looking up with the rear tire right behind my head.

IMG_5596.jpeg

This is the old and new harness beside each other.

IMG_5598.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I installed the light the same as the passenger side. This side is the one with the button on it.

Here is a picture of how the wire from the light just hangs down. There is nothing on either side for the wire to get caught on.

IMG_5597.jpeg

And a picture of the light plugged into the new harness

IMG_5599.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron