New Reverse Light Kits Added To Website

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
We added a new plug and play automatic operation reverse light kit to the website. The new kit uses the C1R Plus Brake pods. The plug and play harness and the C1R pods work as follows:

When the brake is initially applied, the pods flash red and then stay illuminated a brighter red until brake is released
When tail lights are on, the pods light up red but slightly dimmer than the bright red of the brake light
When the reverse lights are on the pods light up bright white.

This kit pairs great with the C1R HitchMount kit. There is not a provision to turn on the hite light manually with this kit but all of the lights work automatically as described above.

Here is a photo of what the kit will look like. Center light is the HitchMount kit which is sold separately on our webpage. Links below:

IMG_2329.jpg
IMG_3919.jpg

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
As if it wasn't confusing enough before, we added this kit too. I have filmed a video (Needs to be edited and posted which is not my strong suite) describing the differences between the kits but I'll do my best to type it here to make everything as clear as mud.

First you have to decide your light pods. Here are the options now:

SSC1 Sport- This is the least expensive and least popular of all of the options. We don't stock this kit but can drop ship them and they are typically in stock from Diode Dynamics. These lights have a red back light and a bright white main beam. They put out 1,449 lumens, 400 candela and 4 lux.

SSC1 Pro- This was the most popular item prior to releasing the C1R kit. We will see if the C1R kit overtakes it. We keep these in stock. We just received a large order of them, (Over $7,000 our cost in just lights). These lights have a red back light and bright white main beam. These lights put out 2,375 Lumens, 925 candela and 9 lux.

C1R- The last option is the C1R. I think this will rival the SSC1 Pro Lights in popularity due to the brake light function. We are drop shipping these until our stocking order comes in within the next week. We will keep these in stock just as we do the pro lights above. As far as output, I am waiting to get that from Diode Dynamics. It is not listed on the site. The HUGE plus of these lights is the ADDED BRAKE LIGHT. These lights have the same red back light that operates with the trucks tail lights, the same bright white light that operates with the trucks reverse lights and it has an added brake light that is a brighter red and will strobe upon initial application of the brake. This kit is only available in an auto operation format.I will describe this below.

Reverse Light Kit For Rear TRX Tow Hooks. You've already chosen if you want Sport, Pro or C1R. Now you have to decide if you want a super easy and fast install or the ability to manually turn on the white light (Sport and Pro Kits only).

Our Auto operation and C1R kits are a super quick and easy install. You plug a T harness into the 7 pin trailer harness behind your bumper and it has two leads with connectors coming off it. You route a lead to each pod light and plug it in. This kit works automatically with the trucks lights. The red back light comes on with the trucks tail lights. The bright white light comes on with the trucks reverse lights. With C1R kit, the brighter red lights come on with the trucks brake lights. The only disadvantage to the auto operation and C1R kits is it lacks the ability to manually turn on the bright white light.

With our other reverse light kit remaining, it comes with a full harness that runs the entire length of the truck. It connects to the auxiliary switches in the front and the trailer harness and light pods in the rear. This kit also work automatically but also allows you to wire the bright white light up to an auxiliary switch to manually control that light. This is a very popular kit and the best for people that want the ability to manually turn on the bright white lights. This kit is more time consuming to install and requires splicing into the auxiliary switch wires in front of the battery. This option is not currently available with the C1R lights (brake light options).

I hope that clears things up a little . I am always available on my cell phone (If I don't answer, leave a message and I'll call you back ASAP) 480-239-3148 Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko