Reverse Lights For TRX And 5th Gen 1500's Running Our Tow Hook Brackets

quietpeen

Reaction score

quietpeen

Reaction score
I finally got my harness tested and it seems to work as intended. There were no errors or warnings that popped up but i just tested in my garage. I can’t get them fully installed till I get my tow hooks painted which will hopefully be this weekend.

quietpeen

Reaction score
For reference as i stated before i bought a 4 pin curt adapter, not the 5 pin so i had to tap the reverse lights off the center white wire on the 7 pin. This is a bigger wire than the wires in the 4 pin so I used 16 gauge wire and also added an inline fuse on the power because Diode Dynamics said you should always put one. Right now it has a 20a fuse but I’m going to drop it down to a 10a. Instead of cutting off the 4 pin plug i decided to use it and bought a 4 pin trailer side plug. I connected the ground to the ground and then wired the red back lighting (blue wire on the Duetch connector) on the pods to the Green and yellow wires which are left turn signal/right turn signal and brakes.

Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures as I was doing this and now everything is taped and covered with wire loom so I can’t give much of a step by step but is for the most part straight forward.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
For reference as i stated before i bought a 4 pin curt adapter, not the 5 pin so i had to tap the reverse lights off the center white wire on the 7 pin. This is a bigger wire than the wires in the 4 pin so I used 16 gauge wire and also added an inline fuse on the power because Diode Dynamics said you should always put one. Right now it has a 20a fuse but I’m going to drop it down to a 10a. Instead of cutting off the 4 pin plug i decided to use it and bought a 4 pin trailer side plug. I connected the ground to the ground and then wired the red back lighting (blue wire on the Duetch connector) on the pods to the Green and yellow wires which are left turn signal/right turn signal and brakes.

Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures as I was doing this and now everything is taped and covered with wire loom so I can’t give much of a step by step but is for the most part straight forward.
@quietpeen you're officially fired for not taking photos or video! 🤣🤣🤣 Just kidding. Great job and great description. I can't wait to see it all done.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Plug and Play Harness is live on the webpage now. I only added the three I currently have built. If they are sold out, message me and I will get you on the list for the next run we are waiting for the materials for. They are going for $80. We also posted a link to the instructions in this thread on how to build it if you want to save some money.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I posted them before I went to bed and they were sold out before I woke up. I have materials coming in to build more. They will be here Friday. I'll have the new run shipped out on Monday. I can open up the orders to better track the need/want for them and try to stay on top/ ahead to make it no lead time.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I posted them before I went to bed and they were sold out before I woke up. I have materials coming in to build more. They will be here Friday. I'll have the new run shipped out on Monday. I can open up the orders to better track the need/want for them and try to stay on top/ ahead to make it no lead time.
That’s awesome that they sold out that quick for you. I guess you are going to be busy though.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Thought this was pretty cool. Definitely a huge improvement. Hell, in the overhead view, the reverse lights are now brighter than the headlights!
CA9F132F-F309-4069-8744-D1F712C21716.jpeg

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
We added two new options tonight. They have been super popular so far. THey are automatic only options. Super easy install. 100% plug and play. You T in to the trailer harness like our other plug and play kit and you plug in to the lights. Done. It is similar to the harness @OnTheReel made.

Pro Lights with 2 Powder Coated Brackets and Auto Only Plug And Play Harness:

Sport Lights with 2 Powder Coated Brackets and Auto Only Plug And Play Harness:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19