Reverse Lights For TRX And 5th Gen 1500's Running Our Tow Hook Brackets

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
We are getting ready to start taking preorders on our reverse light brackets. These allow you to mount a Diode Dynamics SSC1 LED Pod Light between the tow hooks. The lights come with a red back light that allow you to wire it to your tail lights or brake lights. They have a white main beam that can be wired to your reverse lights and a switch. These will greatly increase visibility while backing up at night. They also add a cool factor with the red back light built in to the pods. The lights are also nice and protected by the tow hook and the bracket.
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Preorders just opened. We have three options. One is the brackets only. Two is the brackets and the sport light. Three is the brackets and the pro light. Both options with the light come with the wiring harness.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins ... Will those tow hooks fit on a 2014 Ram 2500? I can't see putting those lights in that location, I think they will get hurt from off-roading stuff. As it is I need to replace my rear and front bumpers, one can only straighten them out so many times ... lol

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins ... Will those tow hooks fit on a 2014 Ram 2500? I can't see putting those lights in that location, I think they will get hurt from off-roading stuff. As it is I need to replace my rear and front bumpers, one can only straighten them out so many times ... lol
On the TRX the hooks bolt directly to the receiver hitch and are super stout. The light sits inside the hook and completely protected. I think it would be extremely difficult to damage the lights where they are. For the regular 5th Gen Ram 1500s, the tow hooks bolt to our bracket set which bolts to the receiver hitch/frame. Our tow hook brackets are made of 1/4" thick steel and are also super stout. We are considering making a set of brackets to mount the hooks to 2500s but we haven't decided if we will yet.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Congrats to everyone that got in on day 1. I made a $20 mistake and had the wrong wiring harness in the package. You all that ordered early got the preorder and the "My Bad!" discount.......you're welcome. lol

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I came up with a way to make a plug and play option. I have ordered the materials and will update on cost of this harness once a build a few harnesses and know my total cost and time it takes to make them. I will likely offer two options. One will be a complete harness with a switch or the ability to wire in to the TRX upfitter/auxiliary switches. The other will be a harness that is plug and play and will only operate the lights off of the vehicle (IE: When the reverse lights turn on the main beam will turn on for our lights. When the tail lights turn on the red back light will turn on our lights) THis second option will not allow you to manually control the lights with a switch though.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I came up with a way to make a plug and play option. I have ordered the materials and will update on cost of this harness once a build a few harnesses and know my total cost and time it takes to make them. I will likely offer two options. One will be a complete harness with a switch or the ability to wire in to the TRX upfitter/auxiliary switches. The other will be a harness that is plug and play and will only operate the lights off of the vehicle (IE: When the reverse lights turn on the main beam will turn on for our lights. When the tail lights turn on the red back light will turn on our lights) THis second option will not allow you to manually control the lights with a switch though.
I’m betting a plug and play harness will attract more buyers for you.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The plug and play will be a big hit. Not to knock on any TRX owners but it seems like a lot aren’t mechanically or electrically inclined. As I posted in the other thread I will be doing my own thing to run them both with reverse, AND on one of the TRX aux switches.

Picked up some of these Roadmaster diodes to prevent the aux switch backfeeding the stock reverse lights and vice-versa. They are sold for dingy towing and should easily handle the load. One input for the aux switch, one input for the relay triggered by the factory lights.

3487958E-C122-4C5C-9C3B-CFDF40AB9007.jpeg

Won’t be plug and play obviously, but if all works well I will post a write up for those interested.

quietpeen

Reaction score
The plug and play will be a big hit. Not to knock on any TRX owners but it seems like a lot aren’t mechanically or electrically inclined. As I posted in the other thread I will be doing my own thing to run them both with reverse, AND on one of the TRX aux switches.

Picked up some of these Roadmaster diodes to prevent the aux switch backfeeding the stock reverse lights and vice-versa. They are sold for dingy towing and should easily handle the load. One input for the aux switch, one input for the relay triggered by the factory lights.

View attachment 2790
Won’t be plug and play obviously, but if all works well I will post a write up for those interested.
It’s not just trx owners. Another thing is some people just don’t like cutting into factory wiring if spending a little more gives them an easy plug and play installation which later on unplugs and turns everything back to stock. I am that way, but I’m also willing to make my own plug and play harness.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
It’s not just trx owners. Another thing is some people just don’t like cutting into factory wiring if spending a little more gives them an easy plug and play installation which later on unplugs and turns everything back to stock. I am that way, but I’m also willing to make my own plug and play harness.
Wouldn’t need to cut into the factory wiring with or without whatever harness they are supplying. I picked this up to avoid all that.

One end of this will plug into the truck’s 7 pin trailer connector wiring. Plug the opposite end of that harness back into the stock connector, lop the 5 pin plug off, and there’s my reverse and park light signals.

It’s tight for clearance around the spare but still looks like it’ll work. I haven’t had a chance to test fit it yet. Maybe this weekend if it doesn’t rain / snow the whole time.

The plug and play harness presumably would just eliminate the steps I describe above to obtain the signals. Which is definitely going to be attractive to some.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
It should still fit. If I remember correctly the factory wiring comes out at a right angle and the Curt is straight. Not a big deal.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score

View attachment 2790
Looking forward to seeing what everyone does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaXiong