What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

Reaction score
16853992839453742599429782686943.jpg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Haven’t done it yet but my weekend plan is to finally fix this crooked-ass TRX emblem after almost 2 years of annoying me. Got the new one in hand!
IMG_2557.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
I forgot to post but on Friday I installed a dash cam. I went with the fitcamX because it is and easy plug and play camera. I chose the 4k front only cam. There are also front and rear options but I decided that I didn’t want to deal with running a wire to the back window.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
How did this go? I need to check to see if mine is crooked.
The TRX emblem fix was easy. Then I took the 4x4 emblem off because it looked stupid.
IMG_2598.jpeg

I’ve been trying a few different emblems in the blank spot. Landed on the Hellcat “supercharged” script for now. Wish it were bigger though.
IMG_2600.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
The TRX emblem fix was easy. Then I took the 4x4 emblem off because it looked stupid. View attachment 3745
I’ve been trying a few different emblems in the blank spot. Landed on the Hellcat “supercharged” script for now. Wish it were bigger though.View attachment 3746
very nice to see someone that is not caught up in the debadging thing. Just my personal opinion, but debadging makes a vehicle look plain and boring.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
very nice to see someone that is not caught up in the debadging thing. Just my personal opinion, but debadging makes a vehicle look plain and boring.
Yeah, that ain’t my thing either. As long as it looks factory I’m good with it.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Still working on a badge for the other side of the tailgate. The supercharged script didn’t work out for me. But today was RamBar and lights day. Hotter than hell in the sun but managed to get it all squared away single handed.
IMG_3067.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg
IMG_3060.jpeg
IMG_3063.jpeg
IMG_3064.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
I was wondering how much longer it would take before you got a ram bar. Looks great. I’m assuming it doesn’t fit in a garage now since you added the lights.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I was wondering how much longer it would take before you got a ram bar. Looks great. I’m assuming it doesn’t fit in a garage now since you added the lights.
Nope, not a chance. But at least there’s a touchless wash in the next town over that has 8 feet of clearance. That was one of my big hold ups on this project. Wanted to make sure I could get the salt off in the winter.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Finally, I got the "Ramcharger" parts for my sweetie's Laramie, today. The original online Mopar company I bought from turned out to be slower than Christmas. When I called them last week, 13 days after I made the order, they told me they weren't sure if they could even get the charger. So I asked them to cancel my order and they did. I reordered from Word Parts Direct. That's who I have ordered from before. It's the online parts department at a dealership in Garland, TX. They have excellent customer service and checked with the warehouse before they made my order. Got my parts ONLY FIVE DAYS LATER. But the cost was higher. Here's the breakdown:

Ramcharger01.jpg

Everything I need appears to be there, except as mentioned by others, I need two screws to secure the cubby.

Ramcharger02.jpg

Luckily, my "bolt drawer" is full of Mopar screws and bolts. So I found these two that worked great.

Ramcharger03.jpg

I will try to post some more photos of the actual install. I figure that will happen next weekend. But we will have to see.

Ramcharger04.jpg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Finally, I got the "Ramcharger" parts for my sweetie's Laramie, today. The original online Mopar company I bought from turned out to be slower than Christmas. When I called them last week, 13 days after I made the order, they told me they weren't sure if they could even get the charger. So I asked them to cancel my order and they did. I reordered from Word Parts Direct. That's who I have ordered from before. It's the online parts department at a dealership in Garland, TX. They have excellent customer service and checked with the warehouse before they made my order. Got my parts ONLY FIVE DAYS LATER. But the cost was higher. Here's the breakdown:

View attachment 3759

Everything I need appears to be there, except as mentioned by others, I need two screws to secure the cubby.

View attachment 3760

Luckily, my "bolt drawer" is full of Mopar screws and bolts. So I found these two that worked great.

View attachment 3761

I will try to post some more photos of the actual install. I figure that will happen next weekend. But we will have to see.

View attachment 3762
World Parts has been good for me in the past. I used Bam for the RamBar last week and they shipped it in a couple days. Hit or miss on a lot of these parts unfortunately.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I found a couple of more things I will need to complete this project. First, beyond the two screws mentioned, I will need two U-clips (speed nuts) and two smaller screws. I got the U-clips at Lowes $1.66 for the pair. The smaller Mopar screws come from my bolt drawer.

Ramcharger05.jpg

Ramcharger07.jpg

The second one is more costly. I got to looking at the three holes in the bottom of the cubby and began wondering if there is supposed to be a rubber mat that goes inside it. Turns out that there is. And unfortunately, it costs about twice what the cubby itself does. But hey, it's for my sweetie and I want everything to be perfect. Mopar part number is 68524508AA.

Ramcharger06.jpg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I was tempted to install the factory CD player in that slot, but I figured I’d better leave that part of the 90s behind me.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I was tempted to install the factory CD player in that slot, but I figured I’d better leave that part of the 90s behind me.
Lol, the sound quality is definitively better on a CD but a thumb drive is soooooo much easier and holds more music than most people have.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Lol, the sound quality is definitively better on a CD but a thumb drive is soooooo much easier and holds more music than most people have.
Yeah, I bit the bullet and ripped my whole collection onto a flash drive I keep in the truck. Mainly wanted the CD player because the cubby is useless and it would be cool to add another ”option”.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Yeah, I bit the bullet and ripped my whole collection onto a flash drive I keep in the truck. Mainly wanted the CD player because the cubby is useless and it would be cool to add another ”option”.
If the cubby is useless for you, might as well but then you have to have a big binder in the truck to hold your cd’s

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Cubby is just really shallow. I dunno what I could put in there. On the other hand, CD storage is no problem. I was a cool guy with the thing that went on the sun visor and held like 10 of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko