What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

Dannybandaids

Reaction score
Still working on a badge for the other side of the tailgate. The supercharged script didn’t work out for me. But today was RamBar and lights day. Hotter than hell in the sun but managed to get it all squared away single handed. View attachment 3754View attachment 3755View attachment 3756View attachment 3757View attachment 3758
does the wiring follow the RAMBAR tubing down into the bedside through the hole that the bar vertical anchor point fits into? Going to be installing mine soon and thinking through wiring. I didn't realize the RAMBAR has provisions to wire internal to the tubing, that's awesome.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
does the wiring follow the RAMBAR tubing down into the bedside through the hole that the bar vertical anchor point fits into? Going to be installing mine soon and thinking through wiring. I didn't realize the RAMBAR has provisions to wire internal to the tubing, that's awesome.
Yeah, it’s a pretty straight shot. I pre-ran the wire through the RamBar while it was on the ground. So I just had to feed the wiring pigtail down the stake pocket hole as I was mounting the bar. If you use the Mopar lights they come with long harnesses that will get you nearly all the way to the front aux wiring.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Another little interior upgrade. Nothing too fancy just a oem swap for the “premium“ oem piece. This one even has the carbon fiber to boot.

I didn’t take any pictures before I removed so here is the original piece unassembled off the truck.

IMG_5578.jpeg

Here is the new Premium bezel. I wanted this bezel because i like the brushed nickel look around the perimeter better.

IMG_5576.jpeg

And one pic showing the much nicer carbon fiber better.

IMG_5577.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Another little interior upgrade. Nothing too fancy just a oem swap for the “premium“ oem piece. This one even has the carbon fiber to boot.

I didn’t take any pictures before I removed so here is the original piece unassembled off the truck.

View attachment 3802

Here is the new Premium bezel. I wanted this bezel because i like the brushed nickel look around the perimeter better.

View attachment 3800

And one pic showing the much nicer carbon fiber better.

View attachment 3801
Looks good, you’ve been busy. What’s next?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Cleaned up my aux wiring real quick. Not a bad little $10 project. Whatever else I add will be much simpler to wire up now. Maybe some rock lights would be fun.
IMG_4787.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
No way i could have carbon fiber on the radio bezel and then have that fake black diamond plate pattern everywhere else. If you have looked into the factory carbon fiber you know it is stupid expensive. I was looking for the premium radio bezel but wasn’t specifically looking for carbon fiber because I know it’s expensive. I was lucky to find one in great shape and it happened to have the carbon fiber for what I thought was a good price so I jumped on it. However that caused a rather expensive rabbit hole.

I found carbon fiber parts on ebay from a place called jogon for a fraction of the cost and decided to give two pieces a shot. The cup holder lid and the steering wheel piece. I’m actually very impressed with the cost and the quality. It is real carbon fiber and it fits very well for a stick on piece. They match really well with the oem carbon fiber also.

Before:
IMG_5608.jpeg
IMG_5609.jpeg

After:

IMG_5611.jpeg

IMG_5610.jpeg

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
And the steering wheel piece

Before without sticker:
IMG_5294.jpeg

Before with Sticker:

IMG_5295.jpeg

After without sticker:

IMG_5613.jpeg

IMG_5614.jpeg

After with sticker:

IMG_5615.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

quietpeen

Reaction score
I was really close to getting the jogon pieces for the dash too but the one that covers the push button start is not made right and doesn’t cover it fully. So hunting for oem i went. Finding stuff on ebay is almost you have to be looking at the exact right time or it’s gone. I found the upper glove box and the piece to the left of the steering wheel for not a horrible price. I have installed the glove box but not the piece to the left of the steering wheel because I wan’t to remove the bezel around the gauge cluster only once.

Here is the glove box.

IMG_5604.jpeg

IMG_5603.jpeg

And just a picture of the oem piece next to the other pieces from jogon that I just installed for comparison.

IMG_5606.jpeg

IMG_5607.jpeg

Last edited:

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Good call. The dash pieces are definitely the ones you’d want to be OEM. The black chrome trim makes them look a lot nicer than just the simple overlays. 👍👍

quietpeen

Reaction score
Good call. The dash pieces are definitely the ones you’d want to be OEM. The black chrome trim makes them look a lot nicer than just the simple overlays. 👍👍
I agree. I still have the rear center/climate console and the door spears coming from jogon. I figure I will get them on Monday maybe Tuesday.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron